Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: have your invitees disabled?

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You can report them, but ultimately it should be up to the staff. If they refuse then they could put a note on the acct with the info. It could also say that the info came from the inviter and so he is immune to any damage that particular invitee caused to his status as a member in future.
    Now go away.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i invited someone to a tracker via a giveaway (back then that tracker allowed giveaway), afterwards i was suspicious on him. So i asked the tracker staff to check on him, apparently he was one of those who moved from US to Egypt so as to torrent from top of the pyramid. Staff disabled him, i had no trouble whatsoever :-)

But that was because that staff knew me. Else wise, maybe i could have been punished, which imo is still fair. Afterall, we are responsible for our invitees, like FOREVER.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i invited someone to a tracker via a giveaway (back then that tracker allowed giveaway), afterwards i was suspicious on him. So i asked the tracker staff to check on him, apparently he was one of those who moved from US to Egypt so as to torrent from top of the pyramid. Staff disabled him, i had no trouble whatsoever :-)

But that was because that staff knew me. Else wise, maybe i could have been punished, which imo is still fair. Afterall, we are responsible for our invitees, like FOREVER.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I do agree. It should exist that option.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    Just because you know your invitee, explicitely, does not mean they are going to be a good member of a tracker that you invite them to.
    You are absolutely right.

I know excellent users, active, rules followers, helpful, exemplar members in one site, then Iīve invited to other one and for whatever reason they donīt do a shit and some even have been disabled due to inactivity. If I am responsible for them I should have the right to know their status and if something itīs not OK, ask for to being disabled.

Anyway, ruled or not, I always keep an eye on my invitees (where I can do that) and if they are not doing it good, I PM then first asking for reasons, after hear them, if they persist I ask staff to warn them or disable them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Totally agree with Benchez it should be up to staff what the appropriate action is.
    If the inviter's judgment was poor enough originally ,why should it be trusted now?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Totally agree with Benchez it should be up to staff what the appropriate action is.
    If the inviter's judgment was poor enough originally ,why should it be trusted now?
    Because some invitees do a 100% flip-flop about turn and really do damage the confidence and trust you have placed in your friends.

I'll dig up a classic thread from last year and show you.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    @SgtMajor Agreed but on the other hand I see too much potential for abuse unless staff are involved at some level.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    if i ran a tracker and some user came and asked me to do such a thing, i'd also disable you. that means u were irresponsible when giving away your invites, showing u gave them to people you don't know, thus breaking site rules. I would held u responsible too for their deeds. period.
    have you ever met people in real life that changed? do you have any friends that aren't like they used to be? did you ever split up with someone, because she turned out to be different than you thought?

by the way. personally i never had any problems with my invitees. this is a general discussion.

you warn staff about one of your invitees being a possible cheater for instance and they refuse to take necessary precautions and ban you. that would be highly irresponisble of staff. if that was a common method, people would rather wait for it to happen than try to avoid it with a report.

be quiet and hope that nothing will happen is worse than stand up and address your suspicion. when he does cheat you'll have to take the consquences anyway.

in fact staff should be thankful, because you're only trying to stop something bad from happening to the site.

there are many crimes in the real world that could have been prevented if someone testified without the fear of being convicted himself. no juridical system will punish you, because you should have known the person you warned them about better.

if i report to police about a possible crime, they ignore it and the crime happens, it's partly their fault.

so i think your wrong with your fast and reactionary reply. the kill 'em all policy isn't always the best, you know.

p.s. they were admins, mods and loads of supposed trusted members who got caught cheating and trading. i think the sysops would have been glad if somebody warned them. even if it were the inviters.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-20-2008 at 06:02 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    @SgtMajor Agreed but on the other hand I see too much potential for abuse unless staff are involved at some level.
    And the killer for me:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...er-2008-263323
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast