Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: have your invitees disabled?

Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I dont think staff would penalize u if u report ur own invitee.
    Anyway this point in most cases is helpless. U decide u trust or not a person the moment u invite them. If that would be like OP said then people would do GA or trades and then jst disable invites
    I think its much better this way. If u have something serious (proofs) or are suspicious u can go to a mod/staff and tell him u have suspicions, its their duty to make clearance, if the invitee was bad or not. If its not bad (leech/cheat) then its useless to ban a member jst becuase the inviter woke up a morning and thought so.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    personally i've found invites to be too risky especially on top trackers,,ppl say they respect the rulez/community but when they dont the result is YOU get shafted by losing priviliges or even worse, your account

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    @SgtMajor Agreed but on the other hand I see too much potential for abuse unless staff are involved at some level.
    And the killer for me:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...er-2008-263323
    Oh man, that's just wrong. Glad I don't treat my inviters like that, maybe it's my age (err wisdom) yeah wisdom.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    Anyway this point in most cases is helpless. U decide u trust or not a person the moment u invite them. If that would be like OP said then people would do GA or trades and then jst disable invites
    I think its much better this way. If u have something serious (proofs) or are suspicious u can go to a mod/staff and tell him u have suspicions, its their duty to make clearance, if the invitee was bad or not. If its not bad (leech/cheat) then its useless to ban a member jst becuase the inviter woke up a morning and thought so.
    i wasn't talking about a "disable my invitees" button in your profil. of course you'd have a reasonable discussion with staff about the issue. i think i made that pretty clear.

so yourself.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    @SgtMajor Agreed but on the other hand I see too much potential for abuse unless staff are involved at some level.
    And the killer for me:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-the-best-giveaway-ever-2008-263323

Holy shite.
    I bow to your greatness.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    well in my opinion, you gotta provide solid proof that your invitee is a bad apple. otherwise i don't think that you should be able to have them disabled. the moment you invite a guy to a site, he's a member and should be treated like one. if you are worried about one or some of your invitees, try to investigate the reason of your suspicion and if it's solid, contact the staff and let them decide.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Personally I would look how long they been invited and see how the invitee was doing if no problems would just mark both accounts.
    If some one did it a few times I would then look into why etc etc
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Well, I think you are responsible for your invitees but you shouldn't be able to delete the account of your invitee. As someone mentioned here traders would wish to delete his invitee's account when they get scammed.
    For example, if someone argue with his invitee and he gets pissed off, it would be totally unfair if he deletes his invitee account for that reason.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    i wasn't talking about a "disable my invitees" button in your profil. of course you'd have a reasonable discussion with staff about the issue. i think i made that pretty clear.

so yourself.
    I WAS slapping myself due to all this talk for nothin
    U CAN actually talk with staff and provide them evidence/suspicions about leeching/cheating/trading etc. , and this is not only for invitees but for everyone. But thats all u can do and thats all u SHOULD be able to do/\
    No decisions on urself nonono Respect staff's decision

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    well in my opinion, you gotta provide solid proof that your invitee is a bad apple. otherwise i don't think that you should be able to have them disabled. the moment you invite a guy to a site, he's a member and should be treated like one. if you are worried about one or some of your invitees, try to investigate the reason of your suspicion and if it's solid, contact the staff and let them decide.
    +17
    Ur a member jst like ur invitee. That u invited him doesnt give u more rights on him then he has on u.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Of course the best option is know some one for a long time b4 inviting them to a top site where you could lose your account etc etc
    All my invites to toip sites have either been personal friends in the flesh or people who I have chatted with and staffed with for some considerable time
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast