Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is trading invites generally frowned upon (outside of FST)?

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by djkamikaze View Post
    good point, it deserves mention that many of the best bittorrent trackers share info on ratio cheats, and invite/account sellers & traders. Often times this means if you get banned at one site for trading, others may ban you as well
    As well they should, nobody wants these types of users/members, they put ALL of us and especially the owners of sites at risk. I have no sympathy for these people.

Most don't respect the trackers they have, they just look to move up the ladder to something better. This is certainly not a trademark of the quality user/member.
    Last edited by deadalive1; 07-21-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    n00b
    by trading, you are also shutting yourself off from the possibility of getting some invites for free. I, for one, would never give an invite to a trader, but I will happily give one for free to someone who has demonstrated that they are honest and trustworthy. basically a boy scout, I guess, lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Traders are not wanted on any tracker they could more hassle than they could imagine
    Sellers of invites are even worse
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdysn5 View Post
    Is there such a thing as safe trading in the invite section?
    Unfortunately there is...it takes just a little intelligence to do it. I'm currently thinking of a few mods which will make it harder.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by t1m3k33p3r View Post
    You can get blacklisted on all sites if you trade. Generally, people use different nicks on forums and trackers.

Trading usually gets you nowhere, and most trackers ban trading of invites.
    I am using a different name, on forum and tracker, that didn't help at all lol.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by aaatoel View Post
    In most sites, if not all, not only it is frowned upon, nut also forbidden by their rules! A quick glance at the FAQs nad Rules will confirm this!
    Yeah. But I also think, invites should always be offered freely. If you trade, you don't give a invite for free. Selling is even worse.

LeEWay

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    There's no need to trade. You can basically get just about any tracker you're wanting if you're a friendly and helpful person. People take notice in little things like that. Trust me.

Beside it being against the rules at almost every tracker, you also have a very good chance at putting your inviters account at risk. And you should always respect your inviter since he/she took a chance on inviting you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    What happens if you invited someone to a site and they traded. Is that bad or should it be bad?
    Or what about if 2 of the people you invited did :-|
    I invited 2 people to a site and they both traded. I had known them for ages and though they were ok. I got warned the first time and then was more sternly warned the second time and no longer have invites. Should I be punished for being too trusting or do you think staff were right to take the precautionary measure and remove further invite privilages from me?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I believe trading is more frowned upon outside of FST but i guess we all have different opinions on this because depends on what we have seen and what communities we are apart of on the net.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Horrible View Post
    What happens if you invited someone to a site and they traded. Is that bad or should it be bad?

I invited 2 people to a site and they both traded. I had known them for ages and though they were ok. I got warned the first time and then was more sternly warned the second time and no longer have invites. Should I be punished for being too trusting or do you think staff were right to take the precautionary measure and remove further invite privilages from me?
    You're lucky to still have your account I'd say, depending on what tracker you're talking about...

Yes, inviters are punished for their invitees behaviour, and that's the way it should be. If you invited a trader, you are responsible for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast