Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is trading invites generally frowned upon (outside of FST)?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Horrible View Post
    What happens if you invited someone to a site and they traded. Is that bad or should it be bad?
    Or what about if 2 of the people you invited did :-|
    I invited 2 people to a site and they both traded. I had known them for ages and though they were ok. I got warned the first time and then was more sternly warned the second time and no longer have invites. Should I be punished for being too trusting or do you think staff were right to take the precautionary measure and remove further invite privilages from me?
    That's the thing. You just never know what your invitee is going to do. All I can recommend is try your best to research the next person you want to invite to a tracker. Especially if you're going to invite someone from here. All you can do is use your best judgement.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    jus dnt trade, and you'll be safe, thats the best advice i can give.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Do invite giveaways and be active around here. you'll be surprised how much this will help you

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by kondrae View Post
    Do invite giveaways and be active around here. you'll be surprised how much this will help you
    Agreed.. Trade is just bad, well that's what i think. if you dont want the acc just delete it or leave it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Didn't you learn something from that experience?

What about don't trade? What about don't giveaway? What about FOLLOW the tracker' rules?!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by F.B.I View Post
    Didn't you learn something from that experience?

What about don't trade? What about don't giveaway? What about FOLLOW the tracker' rules?!
    that's too much trouble for some of these nubbins. they think the bittorrent trackers OWE them something.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    there are sites specifically for trading. But most traders start out trading CAUSE IT'S THE MOST LOGICAL THING! Who the hell in their right mind would give away invites in the beginning?

Think about it people. You treasure your tracker, but you want more. Would you fuckin give away your demonoid invite for free? You love that tracker and you think it's the best. Then a whole new world of bittorrent private trackers opens. You at first don't expect ANYONE to give you ANYTHING, the same way you didn't want to give anything to anyone either. Why the hell would I give away my invite to a stranger? ONLY after someone tells you that trading is not the way to go do people realize this.

However, some traders never learn this lesson and they don't get far. Most people start out traders and keep on trading. Only a select few (or many) learn finally that you shouldn't trade to get what you want.

This is why I have nothing aginst traders; they didn't know better in the beginning. Traders should be helped, not laughed at. As a very wise mod here said "I think anti-traders are juvenile" or something along those lines.

TRADERS: learn not to trade and make friends. This will be the only way to advance yourself in the tracker world. Have fun and don't suck cock.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by t1m3k33p3r View Post
    there are sites specifically for trading. But most traders start out trading CAUSE IT'S THE MOST LOGICAL THING! Who the hell in their right mind would give away invites in the beginning?

Think about it people. You treasure your tracker, but you want more. Would you fuckin give away your demonoid invite for free? You love that tracker and you think it's the best. Then a whole new world of bittorrent private trackers opens. You at first don't expect ANYONE to give you ANYTHING, the same way you didn't want to give anything to anyone either. Why the hell would I give away my invite to a stranger? ONLY after someone tells you that trading is not the way to go do people realize this.

However, some traders never learn this lesson and they don't get far. Most people start out traders and keep on trading. Only a select few (or many) learn finally that you shouldn't trade to get what you want.

This is why I have nothing aginst traders; they didn't know better in the beginning. Traders should be helped, not laughed at. As a very wise mod here said "I think anti-traders are juvenile" or something along those lines.

TRADERS: learn not to trade and make friends. This will be the only way to advance yourself in the tracker world. Have fun and don't suck cock.
    You know what is that? Bulshiit.

If a member signup here, wait 30 days, make no posts and then open a thread saying he has no trackers and want to start with TL for example, he will get a BIG no from me.

But if a member do the signup here, spend 30 days trying to help, is cool with us and then open a thread saying he has no trackers and want to start with TL for example, he will get a BIG yes from me.

I got ScT two weeks after I signed up for the first time in a private tracker so don't even try to defend someone (traders) when they have no excuse.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    hey bro relax with the insults. hating traders does nothing to help you, so lay off.

I'm not defending traders at all; I didn't say that. I'm just explaining WHY THEY ARE TRADERS!

and did I say EVERYONE? Most people start out traders even if it was for 1 day. Trust me; I know.

so lay off bro. I got ScT the same time you did, perhaps even earlier the first time I signed up in a private tracker.

And don't call someone else's shit bullshit. You can disagree with it, but you shouldn't call it bullshit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    No, actually I can.

Anyaway, I got your point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast