Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is FTN community really that good?

besides, i though you where leaving

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Honestly, in my opinion, I am not a member on tehconnection, so wont comment on it, But on the other site, i was a member. Before i argue, i shall point out i have no intention of badmouthing the latter site that you mentioned. Honestly, i like their polls, But a community in my opinion is a place where most of the users have trust in other members, Most can give away smt without any hesitation about the user, Also in the site, I havent been around there much on forums, but whenever i logged in to the site, There were only a few people online, Topics were mostly about what is your favourite game, do you smoke or etc... This isnt a community in my opinion, As i said a community is a place where you have no hesitation about most users intentions, where you can give away 1 year rapid or share it without anything in return or such, This is what i call a nice community with unbreakable bonds. Then again. i havent been around there much, maybe i failed to see how great community it was, but this is my opinion

Skizo SPAM HERE! you guyz force others to spam too :S

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    only when you stop badmouthing

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    @ bikenter, not everything revolves around giving away RS and invites to other trackers you know.

Actually i think a tracker would be daft to allow that, we want members to stay with us, not piss off somewhere else, or find something that may be better.

I know trackers are not in competition with each other, but for the members we have we want to keep them, so we have to put a stop to some activity.

but saying that we have just made a new external invites forum, so im happy to work with other trackers so we can share some members, but i dont want my members going there, and not coming back.

believe it or not, there are only so many good members that use private trackers, and they are few and far between.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblin View Post
    are you retarded? It was a sarcastic comment to another stupid, pointless thread, from a noob that joined today and has 30 posts already, who cant be bothered to look around for the other 40 threads before posting.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblin View Post
    are you retarded? It was a sarcastic comment to another stupid, pointless thread, from a noob that joined today and has 30 posts already, who cant be bothered to look around for the other 40 threads before posting.
    seppy i can point out at least 40 posts youve made about ftn and brandon in general, if you want me to....i can

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    no, you can point out 40 posts where i am screwing with ppl that are asking about ftn, theres a difference.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    @ bikenter, not everything revolves around giving away RS and invites to other trackers you know.

Actually i think a tracker would be daft to allow that, we want members to stay with us, not piss off somewhere else, or find something that may be better.

I know trackers are not in competition with each other, but for the members we have we want to keep them, so we have to put a stop to some activity.

but saying that we have just made a new external invites forum, so im happy to work with other trackers so we can share some members, but i dont want my members going there, and not coming back.

believe it or not, there are only so many good members that use private trackers, and they are few and far between.
    Actually, Stoi what i meant by rapidshare example was the trust people on a tracker have for others, the users doesnt have to give anything, It is all about how trustful you are. His mother may have passed away, he may need help with linux os etc, It is under such conditions that you get rid of this doubt that stays on most supposedly communities. This is when you decide to have faith in that user. To make it more clear about what i meant, Here on fst, Some people are afraid to give invites because they have doubts about the other people in this community. What i mean by a good community with unbreakable bonds was the lack of doubt in a community. As long as doubt and suspicion is not there, i think it is an awesome community, Then again, It will be quite harsh to create such a community, This is why, i think creating your own community on your msn list or aim list is way better, I have no doubts about the people on my list, If they were to ask anything, I wouldnt require a ratio or anything like that from them which shows that i am suspicious of them because i have already put my faith in them. And this faith is the way to a nice community. But as i said it is quite hard to achieve.

Sorry there isnt an order on the post.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    no, you can point out 40 posts where i am screwing with ppl that are asking about ftn, theres a difference.
    no i can point out 5000 of those, but 40 you just being a dick to other people

look up jealousy in the dictionary, it may suit you as a good personality decree

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well we have a buy/sell forum, we have had a few scares but most if not all of the transactions have went through fine.

We have nothing to do with it though, if anything goes wrong, its not mine nor the trackers responsiblitly, but so far so good and its been going for 9 months or so.

in all homesty, im not keen on it at all, and i have been going to close it a few times, but others always talk me around to keeping it open.

but i would say that takes more trust in your community, than an invite. your buying something, for cool hard cash (and no its not invites, it is consoles, games, whatever, nothing to do with torrents or any other filesharing) we even banned members selling FTP server space on there.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast