Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention: People asking for FTN

bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    I heard it was because a lot of people were trying to sell invites. WTF would you buy an invite for, when you could just spend a little more time, and get one for free, through legit, honest methods. I hate the kind of "punish everyone for what a few committed". That always bugged me when I was in elementary school.
    I'll probably get socially whipped for saying this but, facts are facts.

By a "little more time", you might be talking...a day, a couple of days? Around here that's around $200USD. Now which person, who discovered that FTN was all they needed to be satisfied in life, started searching for a free invite and found it in 2 days' time?
    Obviously you're not quite as secure as if you'd have been given the invite (although, invite buyers were rewarded in this case )
    But that's life, and it comes down to trackers to find ways of combating it. I personally think that it was a mistake for FTN to suddenly give out invites, if they gave out maybe 1 or 2 per day to good users, nobody would have ever found out and this whole thing wouldn't have happened.
    But in the end it's one of the only problems faced by private trackers that is seemingly impossible to solve, you just can't tell whether or not somebody has paid under the table for an invite.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    FTN is a great tracker but this goes to show all those "community" freaks if FTN = community,,..why would a FTN member sell his/her invite? Maybe that person didn't get enough hugs on IRC?
    Maybe that person wanted to make money?

BTW - I can't see why a few unscrupulous members should overshadow the whole FTN crowd. That's a bit of a farfetched statement, wouldn't you say?

-Sherman
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 07-28-2008 at 09:24 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    bad news byt is one way for traders and seelers scammer cheaters

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    If you start to see the invites go away again you only have guys like this to thank for it happening.
    Link-> https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...t-trade-305045

Wow! I didn't expect my prediction coming true so soon and to bad a few bad apples rotten up the whole tree.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    ftn is a great tracker but this goes to show all those "community" freaks if ftn = community,,..why would a ftn member sell his/her invite? Maybe that person didn't get enough hugs on irc?
    + 1

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Gee, I wonder why?

Anyway, its unfortunate, and FTN is in a tight spot, as far as I can see. Anyone who has been there for any amount of time can see that activity on the site has dwindled, they need new blood to jumpstart the cativity again but cant get it because people want to buy their way in with cold hard cash. I actually got 3 PM's here offering me upwards of $50 for my invite. I can see how that could be tempting to someone less better off than I
    Go Leafs Go.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    DarkWave's Avatar Greek Member BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Thank God the invites are pulled!

No more FTN request threads

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWave View Post

Those threads never gonna end

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    DarkWave's Avatar Greek Member BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by ConkiZz View Post

I hope that FTN will become like U*-*!

You see many threads about it? Everyone knows that it's impossible to get it just asking here, so they don't ask for it!

If you deserve FTN, it will find you... I personally, gave 2 times invites here for free (not an open giveaway).

I met some guys here, and after some time, they proved to me that they deserve it, and they got it!

The key for FTN is patience. The whole story for community etc is an excuse to ask a high level invitation. The people that care for the community, are already active here, have made their friends here or on other forums, so when the invite is requested, many people would love to invite them.

Just not a "Need FTN invite/acc" request!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    where was invite being sold btw? on ebay? lol

editZ:

Quote Originally Posted by ConkiZz View Post
    well, FTN gave invites to donors + heros twice. That's huge # of people with invites, hence more request.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 07-28-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast