Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's next after ordering from seedhost.eu

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    prices r now going to change as ovh will be adding set up fees.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    Yes, open browser, connect, do your stuff and then disconnect if you want. edit: FF remembers the password and username so you just bookmark the page and click on the bookmark and you are up and running.

You dont need to install anything. There is a little 'but' in there! You will need some sort of browser to access the seedbox, some sort of FTP client/FF addon if you want to download from the seedbox and VNC if you want to install stuff on the seedbox or mess with uTorrents settings.
    didn't understand what you mean in the second part. THis is all what I am going to do? torrent downloading and then seeding. Download what i have "downloaded" to my seedbox to my computer. Does this need any other software installing? If it does, then how can I access the seedbox from where ever I want. I thought I can even download from seedbox from where ever I want.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You can access your seedbox from anywhere that has an internet connection and a browser. This is all you need.

If you want to download from the seedbox you need to use FTP. If you want to change things in your seedbox you need VNC.

You can download from the seedbox wherever you want as well but you need to do it through FTP. To use FTP you need to install a FTP client like filezilla or the FireFox addon FireFTP on the computer(s) you are going to use.

Getting the FTP up and running was simple for me as I used FireFTP:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684
    which is integrated into firefox as an addon. If you are going to be downloading a lot from your seedbox then this might not be your best option.

If you want to change it so can download direct from the seedbox with HTTP, instead of FTP, then you should read the linux setup guide. (and good luck!).

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Dup post.
    Last edited by KennyX; 07-30-2008 at 09:29 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    dup 2

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    dup 3

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    You can access your seedbox from anywhere that has an internet connection and a browser. This is all you need.

If you want to download from the seedbox you need to use FTP. If you want to change things in your seedbox you need VNC.
    almost got it

what do you mean by "change things @ seedbox" can you give a quick example for that

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    You might want to change the default seed to X percentage in uTorrent, for me it was 150% by default and I wanted to change it to something higher.

I downloaded and installed VNC then ran it. The first box pops up and you input the server IP details provided in your email for VNC and click connect, the second box pops up and you put in your password. After this you will see uTorrent just like it is on your desktop and all you have to do is go to options-preferences-queueing and change the seed while from 150% to 1000%.

You can use putty as well to add other applications or change operating system settings but I am not changing anything as I am not good enough with linux to take any risks. The seedbox FAQ tells more.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ^ got it...Thanks for explaining that.

Does tat 150% to 1000% increases your speed??

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    No, but it does increase how long your torrents seed. 150% is to a ratio of 1.5:1 while 1000% is a 10:1 ratio. It is useful if you want to keep your torrents seeding for a while.

You can do this on an individual torrent by torrent basis in the webgui but setting it to 1000% globally using VNC is less of a hassle.

You might be able to tweak your settings to get more speed but I think this box is set up well as I can max out on ScT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast