Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are there any good arguments against trading?

Artemis's Avatar ŋןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I didnt even read the whole post, but the reason not to trade is it is against the rules. There can be honor among thieves imo
    which is exactly why owners like stoi are frustrated and can't trust you.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    there is really nothing wrong with trading. yeah, its against site rules but.....

traders dont bother me as much as anti-traders do. i dont like pepsi but i dont feel the need to put it in my signature nor do i think its necessary to adopt an outwardly anti-pepsi mentality and smear it all over a forum

wtf?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    there is really nothing wrong with trading. yeah, its against site rules but.....
    The owners of these trackers risk far more than you or I do whilst giving us these great sites for free. If they don't want members to trade that should be enough to stop people trading.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    isnt trading just a big waste of time?
    why do some people think everybody does it btw? its not like you need to do it to get anywhere..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    KFedit : removed the swearing part and attacks, this ain't something we accept here, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    yea i know rite puckface...u expect me to read this...can i has sparknotes on this?
    Summary
    Privacy and security as arguments against trading are total bollocks.

I put this in just for you after you said it in the other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    Eventually trading will catch up with you. If you use the same username and IP on multiple sites and some staff determines you are a trader or invite seller, you're screwed not only on that site but potentially others too.
    Perhaps, but many trackers dont care at all as long as there are no problems on the account. If I was going to become a trader then I would sign up and use trackers from a public place, like a school or library or even using my seedbox, and make my accounts there to keep my home IP out of the tracker's system. I would upload and download using a seedbox to buffer accounts for trade if I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyX View Post
    The argument about privacy/security against organisations like the MP** and RI** put forward by the anti-traders is total and absolute nonsense.
    Are you afraid that the MPAA & RIAA are going to ban you if you write out there full names and post there URL's in public?

Just wondering?
    That was funny but no, many people do this and like a sheep I just copied them.Don't want to tempt fate by invoking the name of the devil spawn I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    The only valid reason against trading is that it is against tracker sites rules (if/when they have such rule). Why a site have such rule is not the question that is to argue here.

To argue that it is a form of security risk is not being smart. If a 14 year kid can make his/her way to high level site, then it need not take an FBI agent to be very smart to do the same.
    I agree with the against tracker rules part being the only valid reason. Who knows, maybe the FBI have hired that 14 year old kid? The whole point of this thread was to show that tracker privacy and security are not arguments that can be used against trading as they have no relevance and anyone who thinks so is living in a little fantasy world.

I am going to deal with all the arguments about community in one response. The majority of users, traders or not, just dont give a damn about community. They post on forums only when there is a problem: they never join IRC, never give torrent comments and generally use the tracker only to download stuff. So what if traders are not big on community, they just act like the majority of users do.

c0njur, I agree with you completely its all about the 1337'ness. Read some of the threads by people who think they are elite because they have tracker X or are staff on tracker Y and you just want to laugh at them. I should point out that none of this is aimed at stoi in any way as he is a good guy who actually makes good posts (even if I dont agree with him!).

kooftspc11, I am with you totally on this as anti-traders irritate me as well.

It is the moralistic attitude of the anti-traders that gets to me most of all. They are thieves, just like me, and have no inherent right of moral superiority over anyone else who uses FST. People like benchez, or anyone else in the anti-trade brigade, are the real scum of the torrent world as they are so morally hypocritical; not us average FST users as we dont claim to be morally superior, better or more elite than anyone else.
    Last edited by KFlint; 08-02-2008 at 07:05 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    @ whoever

Trading (regardless of whatever excuse given for it) comes down to 1 single point. It is against EVERY trackers rules....end of story. On that point alone no trader argument can stand...PERIOD!

Now if they want to totally disregard that rule, what does that say about their character?

What does it say about how they treated the person who invited them to the tracker they are/or have now just traded to begin with? Most traders will tell their initial inviter... I won't trade, I will keep the account in good standing and then proceed to buffer the shit out of it and trade it away. With no care of whether their inviter or anyone else in the inviters tree gets banned over their actions.

People hate/dislike traders for that point also, most are just self-serving little boys looking to work their way up the levels, so they can brag about their e-penises. Which, when it comes right down to it, isn't theirs to begin with. It was someone else's account after all that they traded for.

Their word means less than nothing.
    Last edited by Skizo; 08-02-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: removed kenny comments
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    @ KennyX

@ whoever

Trading (regardless of whatever excuse given for it) comes down to 1 single point. It is against EVERY trackers rules....end of story. On that point alone no trader argument can stand...PERIOD!

Now if they want to totally disregard that rule, what does that say about their character?

What does it say about how they treated the person who invited them to the tracker they are/or have now just traded to begin with? Most traders will tell their initial inviter... I won't trade, I will keep the account in good standing and then proceed to buffer the shit out of it and trade it away. With no care of whether their inviter or anyone else in the inviters tree gets banned over their actions.

People hate/dislike traders for that point also, most are just self-serving little boys looking to work their way up the levels, so they can brag about their e-penises. Which, when it comes right down to it, isn't theirs to begin with. It was someone else's account after all that they traded for.

Their word means less than nothing.

Just curious... so what is your stance on invite giveaways in forums like FST? This is also against EVERY trackers rules....end of story. I haven't heard much about this from anyone though.
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    The question you posted, puckface, itīs not for me but Iīd like to state my opinion: giveaways are a very irresponsible thing, a proof of disrespect to the tracker. In my firsts days here I made 1 or 2, fortunately only a few convinced me and I didnīt give not even the 20% of offered.
    I canīt deny some users try to do it in a very demanding way and select winners very carefully. Even so I donīt like giveaways... Iīve seen excellent proofs, non traders, and respected users applying, but they requested something they didnīt know what it was exactly, or they didnīt like the site, or whatever, and many accounts are created and never used... in the best of the cases.
    The first thing I have on my mind is that I am a guest in a private site, itīs not my site, Iīm only there as an invitee, my first obligation is follow some rules and keep the behavior they expect from me.
    Giveaways are exactly the same that trading.
    I have given dozens of invites to very wanted and high leveled sites, but I like more to select the candidate by myself, I see a guy who is asking for a certain site, he insists, I check his profile and then itīs possible I call him via PM and make my own test. If he passes it, he may get it. So far that system has worked very well for me.
    But giveaways for getting RP, to look like a cool guy or exhibit them later as a proof or helping and generous member when he asks for something is nothing else but crap.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Artemis's Avatar ŋןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post

traders dont bother me as much as anti-traders do. i dont like pepsi but i dont feel the need to put it in my signature nor do i think its necessary to adopt an outwardly anti-pepsi mentality and smear it all over a forum

wtf?

ahhhhh I see my favorite little forum troll is back to toss some more flames on the fire then sod off to watch the mayhem........ it gets less fun when people get wise to you

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    seems like i am repeating myself here in about 5 different threads, but here goes.

invite trading, isnt so bad if both members want those trackers, because they will start out with their own identity and on 0/0 0.00 ratio.

Account traders most of the time are looking for buffered accounts, because they either want the promotion/benefits that come with the account, or they just want to rape the site dry and that account of everything the tracker has (or most) and just not seed back at all.

Its like cheating on a game. you buy/download a game, boot it up, before you even try to do it yourself, you cheat and get invinite ammo, level skips and go to the final boss and beat the game.

its pointless, Why should a trader get a very good account on a very good tracker [7-10] in the content rating, not the silly rarity rating, without putting any work in themselves.

Laziness and greediness springs to mind for account traders, invite traders, at least they have to work at the account when they get it, even if it is a month with a seedbox, they still have to work at it a bit.

also an account trader will usually use the buffer up, and trade that account again for another buffered account on another tracker, thats a little bit lower on the rarity ratings, and its just a viscious circle.

they could by rights, spend 3 years trading accounts, and never upload a byte, but download TBs of stuff.

Now is that a good member?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast