Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: OVH now strongly against torrenting

Who? Oles (Octave Klaba)? Don't make me laugh, he's the founder and the director of OVH.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Not Oles..that Andy :p
    Even with this..Kimsufi servers will run ok on secure trackers..now tl has become public lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Using seedbox at public is just plain stupid and idiotic, you deserve to get busted.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    He quickly made himself more clearer, as I'm sure he saw many of his customers wanting to jump ship after the statement. I would bet that a majority (or very close to a majority) of OVH customers use it for some kind of P2P/torrenting purpose. Face it; a Kimsufi basic server has pretty much low-end hardware; harddrive is pretty small, processor and ram are low. Running a website might get laggy, so it's almost obvious it's intended for some kind of filesharing. That's just my take of it.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
    Not Oles..that Andy :p
    Even with this..Kimsufi servers will run ok on secure trackers..now tl has become public lol
    Andyuk just translates what Oles and other OVH.com reps announcements for the english forums.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by riparide View Post
    Keep it private and encrypted.
    Why do you think encryption could help you? It might make a difference when a provider distinguishes between legal and illegal torrents. If all torrenting is forbidden, it does not help you at all. Believe me, it is not too difficult to create a 'fingerprint' of your connection pattern and determine if and what kind of p2p protocol you are running. You might hide what you are up- and download, but you cannot hide that you use bittorrent.
    AceTorrents --- What else?

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    As it has been pointed by one of my customers:
    http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=648
    This is good news. Now theres at least 3 strikes. As long as people avoid TPB I think they should be fine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345