Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to HDBits?

BANNED BT Rep: +5
    long time inactive=ban

not need other reason

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Here to please BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    yeah, sorry - think its very very unlikely that they will hook you up again.

especially at HDbits where they are very determined on having people actually using the site, instead of just having unused logins. Thats also why it counts download and ratio, instead of just upload ammount. Anyways, good luck getting back on, once the invites are reinstated.
    Never Traded, never will! Free Invites, the way it's ment to be!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    Its a shame theyve closed invites but what can you expect when you put that kind of thing in the hands of shitheads. (invites)
    And there will always be dickheads out there..

Meanwhile good BT users that behave themselves doesn't get in. Thats just life.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Audacity View Post
    Hey

Just signed up, as I had a bit of problem with HDBits.

I signed for them last year, and was pretty active. Had my exams for a few months, so didn't bother going there, and recently, when I tried to log in, it seemed my account had been deleted. I asked my friend for an invite. He has a couple of them, but tells me that HDBits have disabled invites now.

I don't get it? What happened? Is it impossible to become a member now? Why have invites been disabled.
    I think it would be a very honest thing to tell your future inviter you lost a previous account. Heīll see if he takes the risk.
    It would be very annoying that somebody invites you and then he results warned or punished by doing something forbidden, as inviting an ex-member is.
    By the way, donīt take this personal, but I canīt find any single reason for not logging into the site every 15 days or so, put a note in your profile or notify staff, even more when is clearly stated that they donīt tolerate inactive accounts.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Hey

Just signed up, as I had a bit of problem with HDBits.

I signed for them last year, and was pretty active. Had my exams for a few months, so didn't bother going there, and recently, when I tried to log in, it seemed my account had been deleted. I asked my friend for an invite. He has a couple of them, but tells me that HDBits have disabled invites now.

I don't get it? What happened? Is it impossible to become a member now? Why have invites been disabled.
    I think it would be a very honest thing to tell your future inviter you lost a previous account. Heīll see if he takes the risk.
    It would be very annoying that somebody invites you and then he results warned or punished by doing something forbidden, as inviting an ex-member is.
    By the way, donīt take this personal, but I canīt find any single reason for not logging into the site every 15 days or so, put a note in your profile or notify staff, even more when is clearly stated that they donīt tolerate inactive accounts.
    I've already told my invited what happened. He advised to me to log onto their channel, and ask for help. However, their channel seems to be invite only.

Btw, I did quiet a bit of torrenting on it. Downloaded about 50GB+ and had a ratio of around 1.5. I couldn't log on the site, because I was complete cut off from the internet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    sucks

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post

I've already told my invited what happened. He advised to me to log onto their channel, and ask for help. However, their channel seems to be invite only.

Btw, I did quiet a bit of torrenting on it. Downloaded about 50GB+ and had a ratio of around 1.5. I couldn't log on the site, because I was complete cut off from the internet.

I know a few members that in situations like yours they have been re-enabled. Itīs not an easy thing, staff is very strict but a good user if asks something in the appropriate way can get almost anything, as long as it is a reasonable request.

Iīd tell you to ask your inviter -if he is a good user with immaculate record- to go to IRC and vouch for you, explaining the situation in a very polite way.

Anyway, I wish good luck.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I love how people have exams that last for over 6 weeks or some shit that are so time consuming, logging into a site is impossible.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    hope they will enable the invites soon

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    I love how people have exams that last for over 6 weeks or some shit that are so time consuming, logging into a site is impossible.
    As I said, my parents cut off my internet connection during my exams. And these were my national level exams, not school exams.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast