Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U$ National Debt

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Í think it's time that Americans take heed and understand that their opinions will become less and less important in the world as the crux of the financial power moves across the pacific to Asia. If you choose twice to vote for an alcoholic, failed, oil industrialist, ( anyone can make a mistake, once..but twice, that's unforgiveable) and put him in control of the most powerful country in the world... Then it's no surprise that it will become bankrupt and home owners put out on the streets. The American dream ends in a nightmare.

Perhaps the money wasted in Iraq could better have been used to bring water and health care to places in Africa and other developing countries..and to develop cleaner energy sources?

Your country is bankrupt.
    So is yours. What of it?

As for the financial power moving, there are several Asian countries whose national is in worse shape that ours with regard to percent of GDP. Fact is, most of the Unites States' debt is owed to ourselves.

Saying homeowners are put on the streets is a HUGE exaggeration of who knows what. What the fuck has you been reading??

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I'm beginning to think that other users have an option for this section that I don't have, letting them translate other members' posts to something they want them to say.
    It's what he's always done. Why would it be any different now.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Í think it's time that Americans take heed and understand that their opinions will become less and less important in the world as the crux of the financial power moves across the pacific to Asia. If you choose twice to vote for an alcoholic, failed, oil industrialist, ( anyone can make a mistake, once..but twice, that's unforgiveable) and put him in control of the most powerful country in the world... Then it's no surprise that it will become bankrupt and home owners put out on the streets. The American dream ends in a nightmare.

Perhaps the money wasted in Iraq could better have been used to bring water and health care to places in Africa and other developing countries..and to develop cleaner energy sources?

Your country is bankrupt.
    Many Americans are aware of world opinion. And it looks like more are of the opinion that we should work with the rest of the world instead of expecting the rest of the world to work for us.

I wrote this in answer to us caring what the world thinks of us, if it helps explain where I stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Should Americans care? well that all depends on what is trying to be achieved. If the goal is to make people from other nations stop wanting to blow us up then I think yes we should care what they think. This doesn't mean we have to agree with them. If it comes to helping with things like disasters we shouldn't be caring what they think, we should do it because it's the right thing to do and not for any desire for gratitude or respect. On the world stage there is a fine line between us being a good neighbor and being a busybody and we are not the ones that decide which one we are. Even the most well intentioned busybody tends to be resented to some degree.
    While I feel the country has been raped by this administration, your comments about Bush come across as nothing more than an angry rant

I can't defend Iraq, I don't think it was wise to go in and we should have been out years ago. Yes the money could have been spent in better ways, or not spent at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12