Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears: AntiTraders

punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Says the bloke insulting strangers on the internet

2. BitTorrent   -   #32

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    is there an fst for 18+?

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Also if you post, please keep it on topic and don't threaten others
    I think you want to practice what you preach.

back on topic, if you have traders, you will get anti traders, if traders went away then anti traders would as well.

but if the WTAW thread keeps harping on about stupid rarity, then there will always be the 2.

Like i have said numerous times on here, who gives a fuck if Member A has a lvl 2 tracker and wants a lvl 9 tracker, and Memeber B has a lvl 9 tracker and wants a lvl 2 tracker.

If they want to use them to actually use them, let them get on with it, the problem is doing it on Public Invite Forums like FST.

You dont know who the hell the other person is, even with fake screenshots and fake speed tests. If you get to know them on another tracker, thats why tracker communities are important, and i would say even more important than FST, then you will get a good member 99% of the time. Doing it on here or others like it, its probably no better than a 50-50 chance of getting a good member, and thats being optomistic.

so i am not a pro-trader or anti-trader, i just think the ways and means of doing it for most users is bollocks.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    but if the WTAW thread keeps harping on about stupid rarity, then there will always be the 2.
    I think that is rather shortsighted. I don't think it is the WTAW-threads that are the reason there are traders and non-traders.

It is completely normal human behaviour imho. Some trackers are easy to get into. But there are trackers that are hard, very hard and almost impossible to get into because they close their doors, disable invite-systems and staff goes scouting themselves for the users they believe are best for their trackers.

If you have a desire to get into a tracker, but you have to wait years to achieve that you are not likely going to trade that account/invite for a tracker that has open signups all the time, or trackers from wich you see GA's whole the time.

People have a tendency to want the quasi-impossible. The harder to get or the rarer something becomes, the more it's 'value' raises. That's a universal rule in economics and can be witnessed daily when observing any stock-market.

So we shouldn't blame it on the people that are giving certain trackers some kind of ranking. It would happen to without these threads existed.

And I also agree with the OP that a lot of the people just put something like 'non-trader' or other things that makes it clear they don't trade because they know they'll have a bigger chance to score an invite.

I don't agree with the name-calling, I believe it doesn't flatter the OP a lot.

Just my humble opinion.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok we were lvl 4 closed for months, everyone wanted a BCG invite/account.

We went down to lvl 2, no one gives a toss anymore, we are lvl 2 ewww dont want them, even though we still have a [10] in content, better than most trackers in the 7-10 bracket.

and the amount of times i have seen somome ask for a 7 tracker, with a 4 invite, and they get told to get a life.

hmm why, ok the chances are slim, but someone with an invite to the lvl7 tracker, may actually want the lvl 4 tracker, so who gives a toss.

the WTAW thread is the baine on the Bittorrent community, and its mainly just traders that cant see it. get rid of it, or change it, and Bittorrent private trackers will be a lot better place to be. (same as FST)

It is completely normal human behaviour imho. Some trackers are easy to get into. But there are trackers that are hard, very hard and almost impossible to get into because they close their doors, disable invite-systems and staff goes scouting themselves for the users they believe are best for their trackers.
    so whats the point of them even being listed if the chances to get in are a big fat ZERO
    Last edited by stoi; 08-04-2008 at 05:39 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think that is rather shortsighted. I don't think it is the WTAW-threads that are the reason there are traders and non-traders.

I totally disagree here man. It's the WTAW chart and thread that hypes the rare tracker and makes them popular and wanted and that's why traders exist. If this chart and thread did not exist most people would not know about these rare trackers and most likely the owners of the trackers would even have open signups and people would not value them as they do because I personally don't think they are the best trackers at all.

However thanks to FST and the WTAW thread it's that there are s many traders and anti traders.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Sorry but in normal circumstances it is just a question of rarity, whether there are levels or not that are clearly defined.

I believe everyone in the BT-community knows F.. or F*** or E**** are far more difficult, if not almost impossible to get into.

So automatically these hard to get ito trackers will be valued more because people cannot get in them.

It isn't just the fault of the WTAW-threads. You people give to much credit to the BT-community users, as if it wasn't their fault they are trading or non-trading, but it's all the WTAW-threads fault.

I said it ... take away the WTAW-threads and the problem will remain.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    change it to the content rating and it will remain, but at least it will make more sense.

i could rustle up a tracker today, have just my staff and uploaders on it, 200 members, keep it closed for 2 years, be lvl 10, woopee, we are lvl 10, but the content etc will probably still be shit. but ppl will still trade their mothers for it.

and im not saying this is the case for every or even most trackers in the WTAW thread, but im pretty sure some of them are only closed to get rarer, and to be more wanted and to get that recognition.

make it more on content and speeds etc, then they may change their attitude and open up and make a better tracker with more members.

I still hate the WTAW thread with a vengeance, its the worst thing that could have ever happened to private trackers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Sorry but in normal circumstances it is just a question of rarity, whether there are levels or not that are clearly defined.

I believe everyone in the BT-community knows F.. or F*** or E**** are far more difficult, if not almost impossible to get into.

So automatically these hard to get ito trackers will be valued more because people cannot get in them.

It isn't just the fault of the WTAW-threads. You people give to much credit to the BT-community users, as if it wasn't their fault they are trading or non-trading, but it's all the WTAW-threads fault.

I said it ... take away the WTAW-threads and the problem will remain.
    most people don't know those "higher level" tracker until they come here.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 08-04-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast