Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What the FECK is up with BMTV?

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Seriously, bmtv isn't the only game in town. So I really wouldn't be too upset about this. As someone else pointed out, use Tvt.com, or Usenet. If you really care about pre's, you'll get every new show about an hour earlier off of newsgroups before they hit bmtv. And Tvt.com has just as much content.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I am brazilian user, and I can fairly say that a few sites, including friends from FST, really have some type of ban or prejudice against all Brazilian users, and maybe users from other countries.

I know lots of users in my country are cheaters but, anyway, I know I am not and I feel I could also get pissed off when this occurs Its a shame that good users suffer for the bad ones...

Just to clarify, BMTV even has Brazilian sysops, so it is fair to say that I do not believe they have "country based" bans
    Last edited by tjbzonasul; 08-05-2008 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by MegLeetch View Post
    that is not fair, i don't make anything wrong for be banned...
    just because some people are bad user's i was banned.
    i hope bitmetv staff
    review this matter...
    If they follow this policy, they will ultimately ban all Ip's. all country's have bad users.
    not in those kinds of numbers... 5% of all new members from their open signup were banned within 48 hours of joining for cheating or having more than one account, and almost ALL of those were from portugal, turkey and brazil, and all within 48 hours of joining.

there are about 6 or 7 countries that account for the vast majority of shady crap that goes on @ bittorrent trackers, and by banning them, the cheating becomes managable.

since they are allowing good established members with static IP's through the range bans, I say it's a good idea.

BMTV even has Brazilian sysops
    and he agrees that banning brazil is a good idea, lol

the simple thing to remember is that the percentages of various countries are not evenly distributed when it comes to the bad members, most countries account for 1% (at most) of the cheats and account traders, with a small group accounting for upwards of 80-90% of these problem-members.
    Last edited by djkamikaze; 08-05-2008 at 05:46 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Maybe because of a trade,cheat.etc..

also think i read somewhere if certain country's are against torrenting it they block IP's from that country.. just think i read that somewhere not sure where though...

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I understand that many people feel frustrated about it, I would feel the same way If I were in their place, but it is their site and so are the rules. It is sad that many good users were banned just because their fellows from their countries are bad users... But I read a very interesting idea above. Why not stop accepting users from these countries, and take care the ones already in?
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    MegLeetch's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    my problem was been solved.
    try in Irc if you have static ip they will help you.
    Last edited by MegLeetch; 08-06-2008 at 09:52 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    I honestly hope you will be able to do something about this my friend... =/
    I'm here for the chicks...

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +2

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    And if i don't have a static ip and i don't want pay for that (static ip)?

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    MegLeetch's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i think yes, but try speak to staff they have all answers do you whant.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast