View Poll Results: Does Dl free periods, significantly improve peers?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 91.18%
  • No

6 8.82%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does dl free (freeleech grr) significantly improve peers on trackers?

I dont think you should just look at the number of leechers stoi m8 the important thing is the number of snatches. If your getting the snatches on torrents then all is fine
    Being a specalist tracker with good speed (reading over the site here that is clear) then the chances are like your self most users are getting stuff so quick they aint appearing in the leechers list long

As for free leech we do it on torrents over 4 gig in size that are not MMA as we realise that these torrents on site are next to impossible for our members to get a ratio of 1 on
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    lol if we done it for over 4 gig, thats most PS2 games, Most xbox games, Every 360 game, every Wii game (apart from scrubbed versions) and every PS3 game.

and i think your right, but surely if ppl were leeching, then they should be seeding, so seeders should go up as well lol

we may give it a try and see. it cant hurt that much if its just a 1 off for a couple of days, and it would prove a good benchmark for this poll as well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    One idea for ya stoi m8 have one day a week where ps2 games are dl free upped that day till midnight then next day xbox then pc games and so on but can also make it so just scene release games of that day are dl free
    Just a thought as it looks like you after idea's

I get what you mean about size of torrents and it was just an example on how we work an might give you an idea that may work for you
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater
    One idea for ya stoi m8 have one day a week where ps2 games are dl free upped that day till midnight then next day xbox then pc games and so on but can also make it so just scene release games of that day are dl free
    For your site, I think that would definitely be a good idea for a test. +1 Duckater.

Nevr hurts to try it out at least If you have to many problems with h'n'r, then you have your answer.
    Last edited by romeyroam; 08-06-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well the big problem is, we have the XBTT backend on our tracker, and none of us are really top notch on C++, we can fiddle our way around it and hope for the best, but we are in no way pros at it.

We just managed to do the dl free the other day on our backup server (in all honesty we havnt really looked at it before then) but im not sure if we can have that sort of thing, or just a blanket dl free accross the board with it. I dont think we can have *2 upload and all that malarky either, but again its something we just havnt looked at in all honesty.

and the other problem is, Everyone does it lol i hate following everyone and like to run it my way, so pride is a big - to this, (at least im honest anyway lol)

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    While playing with it on backup server maybe try a 12 hr free leech for members on a weekend and see if it increases the leechers on torrents for that time
    Not looking for anything

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    well if you mean do the 12hr freeleech on the backup server one.

we have 3 members (all staff) and 1 torrent lol, thats basically all it is, a testing server, things get coded on that, if they work they get transfered accross to the main BCG site.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    No try on main server, make sure all members know what actions will be taken against any hit and runners and it is a trial that will help decide if it is a thing that may be implemented
    People like free leech so not like take an advantage of it in trial format
    Not looking for anything

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    The only real way you'll find out if free dl works on BCG is if you try it, in my opinion. It seems you've opened up to the idea, so that's good. It might work out, it might not. And yeah, other trackers may have free leech, so you won't be the first to do it, but it's not like most trackers these days aren't clones of each other already. Hope this works out, it's really good when uploaders get in the spirit of free dl and upload some really nice packs and such.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    dont worry about that, that will be stipulated and is mentioned in the poll on BCG, if they want to go into Kl after # of torrents, thats up to them.

it may actually weed out the bad from the good as well.

and it will be for 2 days minimum (unless it crashes the server with all the extra peers lol) and peobably 2 days maximum as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast