View Poll Results: Does Dl free periods, significantly improve peers?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 91.18%
  • No

6 8.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Does dl free (freeleech grr) significantly improve peers on trackers?

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i don't see the point in making freeleech periods for bcg cause it's already basically freeleech anyways.. If you're not willing to help seed a torrent for a few days then you probably don't want the game enough to play it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    If you're not willing to help seed a torrent for a few days then you probably don't want the game enough to play it.
    Good point here.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    but its not, downloads get counted, and everyone knows downloads are a ratio killer.

this is an extreme case but it proves my point.

a few years ago i had over 100 ratio on BCG. it was about

1 gig downloaded, 100gig uploaded, and i was so proud of that.

then i seen a game i actually wanted (funnily enough i still havnt played the thing, some PS2 game.)

it was about 6 gig i think, but anyway my dl went to 7 gig my upload to 106 gig ratio plummets to just under 18 from 100, i could have cried lol and to get it back to 100 i would have to upload 600 gig on that 6 gig game.

obviously that is a very extreme case, but it proves my point, that dl added to your ratio, kills your ratio more, than just not uploading (or upload being taken off for some reason anyway).

why do you think trackers have freeleech/dl free, because dl doesnt count.

what i am trying to say is, a PU with a 1.7 ratio, may dl 10 old games, but can only get a 1 ratio, all those ones, put that 1.7 down over time, so he ends up loosing PU, just becasue of what, he wanted to download.

even i know thats not right, but on the other hand, what to do about it is the problem lol
    Last edited by stoi; 08-07-2008 at 02:10 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Keep Power User exclusive to members that help seed? I'm not power user on BCG and I could care less For the longest time I seeded with my home connection and was grateful for the seed point system which allowed me to reach 1:1 much more easily. Now I'll download onto a server and FTP home (for the occasional game I dl, im not a big gamer) to help the swarm. If a user cares about their ratio enough to prevent them from downloading games then imo they are pathetic and I could care less about them as users. A 1:1 ratio should be considered good, and everyone on BCG who follows the seed rules will have that automatically, plus a bit extra if they help the retention be seeding longer.

Imo your seeding bonus on BCG is already generous enough, although from the poll it seems I am the minority. (I voted yes because I took the poll as a general question, not specific to BCG which already has a system in place)
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 08-07-2008 at 03:15 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well maybe your correct, the poll on BCG is this

If we had a dl free weekend, would you download?. (dl will not be added to your global ratio, but you will have to seed back 1 of the torrents size, either with uploading, or SP, no Hit and Runs allowed)

I download anyway. 46%
    I have everything i wanted. 10%
    About Time, YES!!!! 28%
    Does not interest me either way! 17%

Votes: 1,220

so it looks like most just dont need it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I think it brings in more activity too(although the only time I really take advantage of it is when hard to seed music sites have it). But to me, BCG is already freeleech because of that excellent SP mod. I know that I will get to at least a 1:1 ratio on every torrent. So I'm never afraid to download anything.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well maybe your correct, the poll on BCG is this

If we had a dl free weekend, would you download?. (dl will not be added to your global ratio, but you will have to seed back 1 of the torrents size, either with uploading, or SP, no Hit and Runs allowed)

I download anyway. 46%
    I have everything i wanted. 10%
    About Time, YES!!!! 28%
    Does not interest me either way! 17%

Votes: 1,220

so it looks like most just dont need it.
    I was sort of expecting that. I'm happy with the way things are there so I would guess that most of the established members are too. I might be wrong but I would expect the 28% to mainly be newer members.

Anyway, it seems that the majority of members are happy with the way things are. I know you're always looking for ways to improve the site but as BCG is unique then doing what other sites do is not always what is needed at BCG (if that makes sense!).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345