Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey guys, I have no clue when it comes to newsgroups, NZB files etc, please help....

MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by harry barry View Post
    I still have no clue how to do newsgroups...

You have files on here that you can download..how do I download some of the movies on here?? https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-movie-nzbs-80/t-hellboy-2-golden-army-telesync-xvid-optic-307223/?? This one for example??!!

MANY thanks
    Download the zip file, extract the NZB and import it into Alt.Binz or whatever you're using.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by harry barry View Post
    I still have no clue how to do newsgroups...

You have files on here that you can download..how do I download some of the movies on here?? https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-movie-nzbs-80/t-hellboy-2-golden-army-telesync-xvid-optic-307223/?? This one for example??!!

MANY thanks
    after so much explanation and guides
    im afraid its hopeless

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    kiosk's Avatar Napster the Original
    Better stick to what you know harry barry. You're making it sound much more complicated than it actually is and I'm not sure it can be explained any easier but here goes. I'm just repeating what everyone else has told you but they say people learn with repetition.

1. Sign up to a usenet news server. I use giganews.com and they do 3 day trial accounts so it won't cost you to try. When you sign up they send a user name and password and the server address, similar to news.giganews.com.

2. Install a newsreader client. Grabit is a good basic free one. I use Newsbin Pro but you need to buy that. Newsleecher is another but that needs to be bought also.

3. When you have installed the client enter the information sent to you. The user name, password and server address into the relevent areas.

4. Now find a nzb, click it and the client should open and the file should start to download to wherever you save your downloads. (If the nzb is rar'd then you will have to extract it before it opens the client.)

Now does that make any sense.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Ok Im startig to make more sense of...I think!!

I ve downloaded grabit, and went to a link on here, in the movies went to download the nzb file. extracted to a file and then opened it with grabit, its now importing nzb files..

will it start downloading then??

thanks guys

IM now getting a message...Un able to connect to news 119 (error # 11004)

whats that all about then huh??
    Last edited by harry barry; 08-10-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    You are most likely not connected to your news server. Did you enter your username, password and news server address into grabit?

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by renwickftw View Post
    You are most likely not connected to your news server. Did you enter your username, password and news server address into grabit?
    no I never, I dont have a password or a newsserver??

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    seh's Avatar ______________ BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    go back to step 1 and then step 3 ( you gotta have an account to download.. it wont work unless u have that!)

1. Sign up to a usenet news server. I use giganews.com and they do 3 day trial accounts so it won't cost you to try. When you sign up they send a user name and password and the server address, similar to news.giganews.com.

3. When you have installed the client ( Grabit.. which u already have) enter the information sent to you. The user name, password and server address into the relevent areas.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    good information in here - thanks for the tips from everyone

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Poster
    Haha, this is always the point when newbie x realises they're going to need to pay...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123