Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: turning my home computer into a seedbox

forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    best way is allow u r computer through remote desktop........ ( there was a option in the remote connection u can use the system only from a specified ip address if u r in a campus u might have the a single ip address .)

and more over u home PC must have a constant ip address ....(this is most important )

then u have the seedbox that u want .........u can remote manage the system

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    yes there are a lot of options, remote desktop, logmein services, etc
    i personally prefer realvnc + hamachi, i feel more secure, it works on my own and not on out there servers, and i also have a wide range of options so that i can adapt to any situation..
    it's pretty simple for me, remote desktop works trough windows xp and i guess is more easily known and exploitable, logmein is some kind of external server, i simply don't like the idea
    anyways realvnc + hamachi are easy enough even for the starter, and realvnc server will auto start everytime you reboot the computer

Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    Be sure to, again assuming it's a winbox, set the box to autologin and the remote software to startup on boot, and force a reboot every week or so from the cmd prompt: shutdown -r -f -t 0
    i didnt knew this metod, what auto login do you mean? windows xp auto user login? and what is the auto reboot for?
    Last edited by jokzor; 08-16-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    i personally prefer realvnc + hamachi, i feel more secure, it works on my own and not on out there servers, and i also have a wide range of options so that i can adapt to any situation..
    it's pretty simple for me, remote desktop works trough windows xp and i guess is more easily known and exploitable, logmein is some kind of external server, i simply don't like the idea
    anyways realvnc + hamachi are easy enough even for the starter, and realvnc server will auto start everytime you reboot the computer

Be sure to, again assuming it's a winbox, set the box to autologin and the remote software to startup on boot, and force a reboot every week or so from the cmd prompt: shutdown -r -f -t 0
    i didnt knew this metod, what auto login do you mean? windows xp auto user login? and what is the auto reboot for?

with remote desktop he can use the SSL or communicate or telnet his system if he was a pro user

with his remote desktop he can remote control his system ........

if he want shut down his system or reboot in the other ruotes this will be difficult

with remote desktop he easily operate it

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by forthat View Post

with remote desktop he can use the SSL or communicate or telnet his system if he was a pro user

with his remote desktop he can remote control his system ........

if he want shut down his system or reboot in the other ruotes this will be difficult

with remote desktop he easily operate it
    o really? you mean that, with other ruotes it will be difficult to shutdown or reboot is system? can you tell us wich ruotes are you talking about?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

It's possible to rdp to winbox after reboot even when that computer is at the login screen. It's not too tricky to setup vnc with Ubuntu so that you can connect at the login screen, either. If you're using other tools that require you to be logged in for them to work, then you'd have to autologin or never reboot.

The reboot command mentioned is just what I use to reboot my winbox machines.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    how do you set autologin btw? it may be useful someday :p

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    torax34's Avatar Toaster BT Rep: +2
    for XP with TweakUI, no idea for vista

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    bah.. i hate external tweaks

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by torax34 View Post
    for XP with TweakUI, no idea for vista
    For Vista just don't set a user password - You won't be able to use the built in rdp/network sharing though.

not really external, it is from ms:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/D...powertoys.mspx
    Last edited by Eargasm; 08-16-2008 at 03:43 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    torax34's Avatar Toaster BT Rep: +2
    then regedit it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast