Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: turning my home computer into a seedbox

BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    lol, thank you

edit: it's even in portuguese LOL, really aprecciate it.. didn't knew my english sucked that hard
    Last edited by jokzor; 08-17-2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    alright i set up an FTP thing through my internet explorer browser and then tryed to move to files to my computer here at school. It works fine with smaller files, but anything larger than about 130meg it seems to time out. I could cut the files into small pieces and transfer them bit by bit, but that takes forever and is annoying. Anyone know how to get past this? Thanks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbballrulez33 View Post
    alright i set up an FTP thing through my internet explorer browser and then tryed to move to files to my computer here at school. It works fine with smaller files, but anything larger than about 130meg it seems to time out. I could cut the files into small pieces and transfer them bit by bit, but that takes forever and is annoying. Anyone know how to get past this? Thanks.
    As much as I hate them in torrents, RAR'd files are the answer to your problems. Using WinRAR, for example, you can archive your big file(s) and split them up into several smaller files ideal for xsferring via FTP.

Also, MSIE sucks balls. Try a different client like... anybody know a good user-friendly one nowadays? I'm actually using ftp.exe at the moment but I don't ftp much anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234