Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the next way to download??

Hologram's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Torrents are still doing their job at its best, file hosting sites are also great but not as popular as torrents since on most of them you have to pay for some kind of premium.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by eatchocolate View Post
    I wish I could use emule again. Sometimes, there's stuff i can't find as torrents and I know for a fact that it'll be on emule. But now that I have a router, I have no idea how to set it up so I dont bother really

Anyway, the next way to download I think will be through servers not trackers if you know what I mean.
    Like direct links to sites like rapidshare. You always download at full speed and don't have to worry about poor seeders...
    Check out portforward.com
    It has guides that'll tell you how to forward ports on just about every router there is.. I think there's even an automated script that you can use if you'd like...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    misterkrek's Avatar Poster
    To increase user security on an ever-growing network open to ALL kinds of users, I think the torrent model will be improved with data-encryption and dynamic compression, will have smaller control footprint and allow private tracker encrypted signatures natively, and probably will incorporate some sort of IM system (other than "comments") among peers, and finally it will probably get a new name...
    But that's just guessing a long shot here.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I really don't know what the next option will be. I don't think anyone can answer that. But I am pretty positive that Usenet will still be going strong when that new file sharing method eventually does come along.

But honestly, with bittorrent as so incredibly popular as it is, I really don't see it fading away anytime soon.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i dont know but no one can know
    i thought it will be a huge wireless through the world to share every thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12