Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americans are not....

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    I should think they are like most of us and just hope for a child to love unconditionally.
    I don't remember at any time asking "what if" when we decided to have our children.
    In fact the only different questions I can figure out that lesbians have to ask is which one of us and how do we do it.
    @ lldoryllDo you think the gay lobby (or do you think there isn't one) would not take a position?

with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career
    I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.
    You "think"?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    I should think they are like most of us and just hope for a child to love unconditionally.
    I don't remember at any time asking "what if" when we decided to have our children.
    In fact the only different questions I can figure out that lesbians have to ask is which one of us and how do we do it.
    @ lldoryll
    Do you think the gay lobby (or do you think there isn't one) would not take a position?

with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.
    You "think"?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    惡魔的提倡者
    I will reply to the second but I heard you the first time.

A position in regards to what exactly?

I think? yes of course I do. I think, I suspect, I'm inclined to believe. Don't we all?

BTW, I think you may need some more practice with quotes.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    I will reply to the second but I heard you the first time.

A position in regards to what exactly?
    With regard to whether or not they would sanction lesbians' hosting of embryos for purposes of creating life absent a lifestyle "guarantee", if you will.

This out of the prerogative of acting in the group's self-interest, you see.

I think? yes of course I do. I think, I suspect, I'm inclined to believe. Don't we all?
    I meant do you think this,

I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.
    specifically, or do you know it?

Important distinction.

BTW, I think you may need some more practice with quotes.
    Yes, I've heard that.

Trouble is, early on I committed to being a repository for all the punctuation going unused by people ignorant of it, and so must occasionally off-load excess.

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    With regard to whether or not they would sanction lesbians' hosting of embryos for purposes of creating life absent a lifestyle "guarantee", if you will.

Given that until very recently 100% of homosexuals were born to and raised by heterosexuals, in some cases by very conservative heterosexuals (Phylis Schaifly, The Cheneys) I wouldn't think they give a rats about it.

I was talking about lesbian couples having children. I was wondering what a gay lobby had to do with it. Your question about if I believe a gay lobby exists makes sense to me now.

I'm editing the sentence below so it reads as a question and not an assumption.

[Edit]Do you see gay activists not as people looking out for equal rights but as a group of recruiters trying to have sex with our sons and daughters?[/Edit]
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 08-23-2008 at 05:22 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Given that until very recently 100% of homosexuals were born to and raised by heterosexuals, in some cases by very conservative heterosexuals (Phylis Schaifly, The Cheneys) I wouldn't think they give a rats about it.

I was talking about lesbian couples having children. I was wondering what a gay lobby had to do with it. Your question about if I believe a gay lobby exists makes sense to me now.

I'm editing the sentence below so it reads as a question and not an assumption.

[Edit]Do you see gay activists not as people looking out for equal rights but as a group of recruiters trying to have sex with our sons and daughters?[/Edit]
    I see gay activists/activism getting largely unacknowledged aid and support (moral or monetary) from quarters which include and advocate for pedophiles, as an example.

Any group which fails to constantly and loudly disavow/denounce its lesser elements isn't going to get a free ride from me, sorry.

As a conservative, I am often tarred with the same brush as garden-variety Republicans.

I don't like that, either.

I hope you get my point.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    惡魔的提倡者
    Well you certainly live up to the stereotypical conservative linking homosexuals to pedophiles.

Now can you please connect the dots from lesbians birthing their own children, What gay rights lobbyists might have to say about it and pedophiles for me?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Well you certainly live up to the stereotypical conservative linking homosexuals to pedophiles.

Now can you please connect the dots from lesbians birthing their own children, What gay rights lobbyists might have to say about it and pedophiles for me?
    What on earth are you talking about.

They link themselves, ffs; blame them.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    惡魔的提倡者
    I'm asking you to explain it, you are the one that is making the link. Make the case. I am genuinely interested.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I'm asking you to explain it, you are the one that is making the link. Make the case. I am genuinely interested.
    I'll take the shortcut-

Every movement or ideology (or in this case, lifestyle) legitimizes itself and gains mainstream acceptance by pruning and isolating it's more objectionable factions.

Conservatives have done this by waving a hearty and well-deserved goodbye to the like of the Klan, the Birchers, etc.

The Catholic church, for example, would have lost considerably less luster had it been seen to be dealing more forthrightly in the matter of defective priests a few years back.

Things such as these, whether hidden under rugs, rocks, or in plain view, need to be severed permanently for a cause to move forward effectively.

The homosexual movement has not done this.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast