Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gazelle RC1 released

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    lol thats a bit scary actually.

When i got the SVN for this, and passed it onto altinertia my coder, i asked him what he thought while he was still downloading it i might add.

His exact words were.

"maybe we can use it for the movie tracker first, and then change the game tracker after that"

now i am not saying that is or will happen, its just what he said about it.
    Smart mod. This is pretty much exactly what CG seems to be doing with TVV. Only TVV is a tracker for old TV.

Gazelle has obvious potential as a movie tracker. The whole bit about being able to filter down to movies with specific multiple genres is extremely appealing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Islander_IBG's Avatar *i* DEBUT SOON
    well i hve been testing gazelle from past 10 days and its amazing , the codes r soo perfectly laid out , its a dream come true for the coders. Remember at first u get confused abt the codes , then after 2-3 days u find it too easy...

personally i dont know what kind of security holes it has but im guessing its made as SECURE as possible and sql injections r also prevented in all possible ways.

I recommend to wait till it goes public and wait for all the other ELITE codes to look at gazelle and reply us back if its safe , etc.....
    Last edited by Islander_IBG; 08-20-2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    hmm, and now it seems like what.cd is down

edit: nope, not any more
    Last edited by danio; 08-20-2008 at 01:10 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    Gazelle has obvious potential as a movie tracker. The whole bit about being able to filter down to movies with specific multiple genres is extremely appealing.
    AND searching for the movie and having the Xvid, HD, and DVDR all in one spot to choose your preference.
    AND being able to see the movie poster, as well as a good description, etc.
    It's so nice to allow everyone to edit that information, because let's face it... if it was only up to the original uploaders, there would be a great deal of shit descriptions.

I am such a Gazelle fanboy it's ridiculous. I can't even deny it.
    I wish online stores were as organized as Gazelle.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    are you creating a movie tracker stoi? if you are count me in

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    are you creating a movie tracker stoi? if you are count me in
    that's what i was thinking aswell?
    i'd join at day 1

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Yep, its been in the pipeline for 3-4 years mind, so dont expect it anytime soon lol.

Its just the way i would like it doing thats the stumbling block, I could have put Movies into games 3-4 years ago, or even made a totally seperate Movie tracker 3-4 years ago, but I am bloody stubborn and do not want it like that.

Hopefully Gazelle and this new server i have just paid an arm and a leg for can help with it though, but we shall see, its still going to be 2 weeks before we even get the new server. So still a couple of months away at least i would have thought. (and it may not even be possible)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Yep, its been in the pipeline for 3-4 years mind, so dont expect it anytime soon lol.

Its just the way i would like it doing thats the stumbling block, I could have put Movies into games 3-4 years ago, or even made a totally seperate Movie tracker 3-4 years ago, but I am bloody stubborn and do not want it like that.

Hopefully Gazelle and this new server i have just paid an arm and a leg for can help with it though, but we shall see, its still going to be 2 weeks before we even get the new server. So still a couple of months away at least i would have thought. (and it may not even be possible)

It would not hurt to wait a couple months to ensure that any major problems are ironed out.

As for integrating the movies and games. I suppose it's doable with Gazelle. I mean, black-cats could eventually become an everything tracker akin to torrents.ru.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    It'd be really amazing if you migrated bcg to Gazelle, just simply for the great categorizing and tagging. With all the game genres, producers, makers, it's just limitless. I'm sure I'm not the first to tell you this, and I'm sure many others agree, and I realize it might not be possible right now, just some motivation for you.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Tanuki's Avatar Poster
    In what language it is written?
    AceTorrents --- What else?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast