Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "Anti-Traders, Community Lovers"

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I only download TV from larger sites, and IMO thats a grey area for tv rips. I know the dvdrips are another matter all together, but I stear clear of the new tv eps dvdrips too. For music, Yes, I will use what, but I rarely ever download anything newer then 2-3 years old. Like I said, for current releases, I stick to smaller sites, since it makes me feel safer.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.

I certainly have my own reasons for enjoying the sites that I do and won't get into the whole list; but what I can say is that over the past few years I have come to see that certain sites do tend to give a shit about they offer to members more than others.

As much as the content is attractive in massive sizes like Zamunda or Demonoid, one is lucky to not snatch some virus-laden-piece-of-shit-out-of-sync file at one time or another. Smaller sites and/or specialized trackers with an involved staff have a much stricter approach to quality torrents. I appreciate that.

Further, If you have a problem, your chances of being heard go down in direct relation to the volume of userbase members. That is a general statement btw. I'm sure some while chime in about how much they've been helped on a massive-site. But my experience is, is that anytime I need help on the small/cozy/specialized trackers, my success rate at getting answers is 100% - period.

I do believe that community is a factor and is alive and thriving well. For example, I'll upload a request to a site that I'm fond of far faster than I will to some massive site where members just bitch about how it's some shitty movie - if they comment at all.

Also, with some sites the packs are absolutely fantasitc and in perfect sync regarding quality. Entire collections of a Directors work in one torrent, or an impressive 20+ torrent-pack which shows the best of an actor's work, or genre collection.

The amount of work to pull together a torrent like that requires someone who not only wants to do something right (hey - we all do enjoy a bit of praise, it is human nature after all), but is also someone who wants to do something nice for fellow-members that over time you get to know.

It is these elements that come together, to me anyways, that indicates that a site has a good community.

I can't close without some reference to the manner in which the WIAW rating system is used by most of the userbase here. Simply put, it's shit. What number is assigned to a site is not necessarily what makes it good. What matters is the experience, and yes it does sometimes come down to community, content and speed. The combination of the three - if one has the ability to recognize what each actually entails - is sweet indeed . IMHO, the greater need for someone to have a big e-penis goes up in equal portion to how low someone's IQ is (emotinonal, maturation and intelligence). Whether they actually get the quality of certain sites over others is a somewhat hit or miss event.

Just my two cents...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    hmm...

I have no plans on making some definitive statement on this issue, just a sliver of an opinion.

I certainly have my own reasons for enjoying the sites that I do and won't get into the whole list; but what I can say is that over the past few years I have come to see that certain sites do tend to give a shit about they offer to members more than others.

As much as the content is attractive in massive sizes like Zamunda or Demonoid, one is lucky to not snatch some virus-laden-piece-of-shit-out-of-sync file at one time or another. Smaller sites and/or specialized trackers with an involved staff have a much stricter approach to quality torrents. I appreciate that.

Further, If you have a problem, your chances of being heard go down in direct relation to the volume of userbase members. That is a general statement btw. I'm sure some while chime in about how much they've been helped on a massive-site. But my experience is, is that anytime I need help on the small/cozy/specialized trackers, my success rate at getting answers is 100% - period.

I do believe that community is a factor and is alive and thriving well. For example, I'll upload a request to a site that I'm fond of far faster than I will to some massive site where members just bitch about how it's some shitty movie - if they comment at all.

Also, with some sites the packs are absolutely fantasitc and in perfect sync regarding quality. Entire collections of a Directors work in one torrent, or an impressive 20+ torrent-pack which shows the best of an actor's work, or genre collection.

The amount of work to pull together a torrent like that requires someone who not only wants to do something right (hey - we all do enjoy a bit of praise, it is human nature after all), but is also someone who wants to do something nice for fellow-members that over time you get to know.

It is these elements that come together, to me anyways, that indicates that a site has a good community.

I can't close without some reference to the manner in which the WIAW rating system is used by most of the userbase here. Simply put, it's shit. What number is assigned to a site is not necessarily what makes it good. What matters is the experience, and yes it does sometimes come down to community, content and speed. The combination of the three - if one has the ability to recognize what each actually entails - is sweet indeed . IMHO, the greater need for someone to have a big e-penis goes up in equal portion to how low someone's IQ is (emotinonal, maturation and intelligence). Whether they actually get the quality of certain sites over others is a somewhat hit or miss event.

Just my two cents...
    i was just about to write this down too

very nice post seriously kallie

if only i had the patience / ease in english to make such kind of posts

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    OTO's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    hmm...

Just my two cents...
    Nice post

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    FuTuRe's Avatar TehConnection.eu
    walk up to a "anti-trader" and tell him you got a ux-x invite or a fxx invite. then tell him that you'll give said invite for a revtt invite and see what they say. anyone overtly procliaming they are "anti-traders" is suspect from day one.
    Last edited by FuTuRe; 11-04-2008 at 03:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    hmm...

Just my two cents...
    Holly shit!

A huge dose of reasoniniciline to fight the why-the-hell-I-am-still-at-FST syndrome.

I take my hat off to you.

At your feet.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    hmm...

I'm glad you made it short but sweet Kallie

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by FuTuRe View Post
    walk up to a "anti-trader" and tell him you got a uk-t invite or a fsc invite. then tell him that you'll give said invite for a revtt invite and see what they say. anyone overtly procliaming they are "anti-traders" is suspect from day one.
    Ahahahahahaha,very interesting take on anti-traders!

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you like trackers for their community, check out demonoid. They've got a booming forum, and a live irc. In addition to it's awesome community, it has a ton of rare content and packs.... BTW i'm NOT being sarcastic demonoid is the shiz.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 08-28-2008 at 06:45 PM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Nice post kallieb.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast