Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAIX Trackers

Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzor View Post
    It's a method of free data exchange between many Australian ISP's.

It therefore does not go towards your montly download qouta.
    Really

I've never heard about this.../me runs off to investigate.
    I'm surprised you didn't already know... talk to your fellow Aussies on IRC sometime mate ...

WAIX trackers are only good for WA peeps. The rest of Aus uses the PIPE ones for any quota free benefit.

edit:

For IP filters to peer from your "quota-free" peers see the links below:
    PIPE
    WAIX

Last edited by Alco23; 08-29-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Sharing the love

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    and may i know the irc channel pls?
    feel free to pm me..i would like to join

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayeR View Post
    and may i know the irc channel pls?
    feel free to pm me..i would like to join
    what part of australia are you in mate pm me if you like, i may be able to help you get into one of these trackers and what isp are you with you must be on PIPE
    Last edited by Green Goblin; 09-03-2008 at 02:17 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    They're not exactly the most well known communities, but there are advantages of filesharing within a tiny scope.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    that sounds interesting
    i've never heard about it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    if you live in queensland pm i can help you as long as your isp is on PIPE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    /me spots a niche area that wont get you 100 "we don't need another tracker" posts if you start your own

Actually, if those IP filters are lists of valid IPs for WAIX and PIPE, any tracker with enough aussies could generate an AIX/PIPE copy of torrents. Someone on those networks would need to download the main torrent though to get it started.
    The airplane of hit will deprave the ground

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    /me spots a niche area that wont get you 100 "we don't need another tracker" posts if you start your own

Actually, if those IP filters are lists of valid IPs for WAIX and PIPE, any tracker with enough aussies could generate an AIX/PIPE copy of torrents. Someone on those networks would need to download the main torrent though to get it started.
    May I pm you? It's programming related.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm not doing too much code at the moment, so it's probably not worth it

For the general gist of it though, you would add in a network tag (just like the source tag) in the info part of the torrent during upload, with a value of PIPE or WAIX. That gives each torrent a seperate hash while having the same files, so you can have them all on the same tracker.

Then you need to store a field in the DB so you can tell if it's limited to a certain network when you pull the torrent details for announce.
    If it is, you check the users IP against the IP list for that network. No match means no download.

Finally, someone on the network will need to download the non-network torrent to get the files, then seed the files with the network torrent, or the initial seeder should run all 3 at once. If you want to do it with the initial seeder, you'll need to allow them to bypass the IP check. Just check if their user ID is the torrent owner for that.
    The airplane of hit will deprave the ground

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm not Australian but the concept is very interesting. I wonder if they have this anywhere else, most specifically the US.
    o hai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast