Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: A Lady by the name of...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh.

I have no idea what Mrs. Palin will aspire to following her defeat.
    I'm guessing that the experience will be bruising enough to give her pause and lack of support from the establishment (remember, she's a "maverick" and promising to piss on everybody's shoes) will make obscurity look welcoming.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #182
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    After her loss on Nov. 4th, Palin will snowmobile back up to Juneau, never to be heard from again.
    The Republicans will grieve the fall of a rising star and the Dems will miss the comedy gold.
    Should Obama be elected do you not think she has ambitions to run in 2012?
    She couldn't run on her own. Palin would not have made it through the normal mill of primaries and such. She wouldn't sound as good as she does today ( )
    without the extensive coaching that she's had and she knows shitall about national and international....stuff.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-15-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #183
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    The Republicans will grieve the fall of a rising star and the Dems will miss the comedy gold.
    I will miss the comedy-fo-sho.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #184
    惡魔的提倡者
    While I think she may not win the nomination should she run in 2012 I don't agree that she would not be a viable candidate. She is popular with the social conservatives, enough so that she has that foothold. Perhaps 2012 might not be the target but I don't see her heading into where are they now land forever. A lot depends on the future makeup of the republican base and the financial state of the country. If the economy improves and times are good single issue social conservatives fare better.
    I think this not because I find her talented, I don't. Given the right handlers she could do well.

If McCain loses I don't see it as a problem for Palin. McCain was floundering before she was introduced and it seems that few points in the polls McCain has are hers. McCain never excited the base, the base never really liked him that much. A loss will be attributed to him alone.

I will concede that for those that don't make up the republican base she would have to overcome the problem of having been put into prime time before she was ready and as the saying goes you only get one chance at a first impression. On the other hand we seem to be a nation with a short attention span and those following politics with any degree of depth are in a minority.

I'm not one to blame the last guy for the present problems, but another factor is that whoever wins this time really is going to have to be nothing short of a miracle worker. If Obama wins and doesn't pull a miracle off then I think he loses in 2012 even if Palin is the challenger. If McCain wins and doesn't pull a miracle off and Palin is the 2012 candidate (ex VP status) then she loses.

This is about the way America votes, not about competence of candidates.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 10-15-2008 at 02:29 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #185
    I've been thinking about it and the best thing about Palin is that she really lowers peoples standards. Right now i'd be perfectly happy for mccain to win, he actually comes across as not being a retard and i think i speak for the world when i say that after the last 8 years we'll settle for that.

He just fucking well better not snuff it.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819