Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

Thread: A Lady by the name of...

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Perhaps you could grovel on your knees and stuff even more beef in your mouth.
    I only eat pussy, sorry.
    Never heard of beef curtains then?

http://www.americansubstandard.com/?...eef%20Curtains

2. The Drawing Room   -   #152
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

I only eat pussy, sorry.
    Sorry? I'm not the one having you burst at the cheeks with beef. If you eat pussy, it must be male cats.
    Honestly, where do you get this stuff.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #153
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Investigation finds Palin abused power in 'Troopergate

By James V. Grimaldi and Kimberly Kindy

Washington Post

Article Launched: 10/10/2008 07:47:29 PM PDT

WASHINGTON — An Alaska state legislative investigator found Friday that Gov. Sarah Palin abused her executive power when she and her husband engaged in a campaign to oust her former brother-in-law from the state police force.

In a lengthy report released in Anchorage, Stephen Branchflower found that Palin also improperly allowed her husband, Todd, to use the governor's office to pursue a personal vendetta against the trooper.

"Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda, to wit: To get Trooper Michael Wooten fired," said the report released by a bipartisan legislative committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time magazine
    Did Governor Sarah Palin abuse the power of her office in trying to get her former brother-in-law, State Trooper Mike Wooten, fired? Yes.

Was the refusal to fire Mike Wooten the reason Palin fired Commissioner of Public Safety Walt Monegan? Not exclusively, and it was within her rights as the states' chief executive to fire him for just about any reason, even without cause.

Those answers were expected, given that most of the best pieces of evidence have been part of the public record for months. The result is not a mortal wound to Palin, nor does it put her at much risk of being forced to leave the ticket her presence succeeded in energizing.

But the Branchflower report still makes for good reading, if only because it convincingly answers a question nobody had even thought to ask: Is the Palin administration shockingly amateurish? Yes, it is. Disturbingly so.

The 263 pages of the report show a co-ordinated application of pressure on Monegan so transparent and ham-handed that it was almost certain to end in public embarrassment for the governor. The only surprise is that Troopergate is national news, not just a sorry piece of political gristle to be chewed on by Alaska politicos over steaks at Anchorage's Club Paris.

A harsh verdict? Consider the report's findings. Not only did people at almost every level of the Palin administration engage in repeated inappropriate contact with Walt Monegan and other high-ranking officials at the Department of Public Safety, but Monegan and his peers constantly warned these Palin disciples that the contact was inappropriate and probably unlawful. Still, the emails and calls continued — in at least one instance on recorded state trooper phone lines.

The state's head of personnel, Annette Kreitzer, called Monegan and had to be warned that personnel issues were confidential. The state's attorney general, Talis Colberg, called Monegan and had to be reminded that the call was putting both men in legal jeopardy, should Wooten decide to sue. The governor's chief of staff met with Monegan and had to be reminded by Monegan that, "This conversation is discoverable ... You don't want Wooten to own your house, do you?"

Monegan consistently emerges as the adult in these conversations, while the Palin camp displays a childish impetuousness and sense of entitlement.

One telling exchange: Deputy Commissioner John Glass, who worked under Monegan, told Branchflower he was "livid" after a Palin staffer, Frank Bailey, went outside the chain of command and called a state trooper in far-off Ketchikan to complain about Wooten. Why had Bailey called the trooper? Because, Bailey said, this trooper had gone to church with Sarah Palin back in Wasilla, so he felt "comfortable" talking to him about Wooten. Glass, too, tried to sound the warning that continuing to pressure anyone and everyone in the matter would end in "an unbelievable amount of embarrassment for the Governor and everybody else".
    Yeah, she's good.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #154
    The sum of it is she abused her power while doing nothing wrong.

The media reports the former and ignores the latter.

Of course, this arouses no one's curiosity.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #155
    惡魔的提倡者
    Well it appears this is indeed a historic election. The first African American running as the candidate for a major party and the first in American history in which both candidates on the same ticket were found to have violated ethics standards before their possible election.

I can't claim credit for pointing out the latter, I heard it mentioned on the news this morning.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #156
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Well it appears this is indeed a historic election. The first African American running as the candidate for a major party and the first in American history in which both candidates on the same ticket were found to have violated ethics standards before their possible election.

I can't claim credit for pointing out the latter, I heard it mentioned on the news this morning.
    So, you watch OTF, eh?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #157
    惡魔的提倡者
    It was on the radio. What is OTF?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #158
    It was on the radio.
    Must have been NPR, huh?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #159
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    J2 has killed all the messengers and yet the bad news keeps coming.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #160
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

nvm
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-12-2008 at 04:54 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232