Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gbit torrentflux

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    U cant accomodate 20 ppl no matter wat the CPU and RAM specs are unless u got a very Robust HDD with u
    I wouldn't agree with that. It would work out well, if you accommodate the servers correctly.

IF you used utorrent webui with 20 people with 4 torrents each, then it would work. However, 20 people with 20 torrents each will cause a fail. So, shape your pricings for 4 torrent package = 1 person, but 20 torrent package = 5 people. Adjusting your pricing in this way will ensure that your intended integrity is maintained, and you aren't overcrowding people. And that's a pseudo business model, but I'm sure you get the idea.

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    U cant accomodate 20 ppl no matter wat the CPU and RAM specs are unless u got a very Robust HDD with u
    I wouldn't agree with that. It would work out well, if you accommodate the servers correctly.

IF you used utorrent webui with 20 people with 4 torrents each, then it would work. However, 20 people with 20 torrents each will cause a fail. So, shape your pricings for 4 torrent package = 1 person, but 20 torrent package = 5 people. Adjusting your pricing in this way will ensure that your intended integrity is maintained, and you aren't overcrowding people. And that's a pseudo business model, but I'm sure you get the idea.
    I was viewing the op from the OVH server specs pov ...
    Gigabit servers usually have HDD space around 750gb ..
    So imo if hes doling out 10gb etc packages even with 3 torrents active it would overload if he doles out a lot of these .. but thats from business perspective .. I agree with u on the point that he would have u come up with a mechanism to limit these things ..
    Well am also dead sure u wud become a good reseller if u intend to go abt doing so

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005 View Post
    how will you possibly have errors on the hd with the amount of people.
    i have 10 people on a 250gig hd and theres never been errors.so were you get its rubbish from dance4 i do not no.
    you gota remember your paying 10bux.you want 10mb up and down constant.tflux is a cheap alternitive to ratio boost for people who cant afford dedicated servers.
    I thought the prices were good for more speed and more active torrents.guess i was wrong :-)
    Because i have more experience with seedboxes but ok do what you want then you see ! Not disk errors only disk overload etc. too many ppl on the server and too many activ torrents !

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Some crazy I/O speed required there!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by dance4 View Post
    how will you possibly have errors on the hd with the amount of people.
    i have 10 people on a 250gig hd and theres never been errors.so were you get its rubbish from dance4 i do not no.
    you gota remember your paying 10bux.you want 10mb up and down constant.tflux is a cheap alternitive to ratio boost for people who cant afford dedicated servers.
    I thought the prices were good for more speed and more active torrents.guess i was wrong :-)
    Because i have more experience with seedboxes but ok do what you want then you see ! Not disk errors only disk overload etc. too many ppl on the server and too many activ torrents !
    ok yhea if u have 20 people and there all downloading a sct torrent at once then u might get ovaload with 8gig if of ram and a quad core...but would that really happen.i mean no way 20 users would down a fast torrent all at the same time.
    if u tweak the setting right it can work as with the amount of acctive torrents.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Boutros's Avatar Poser BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I would be for it but I think a webui solution would be the way to go

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    20 users is overkill.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thinking of getting a server with gbit connection.
    just wonderd what your thoughts were on it.
    The prices would be set like this.

4gig of space 4 torrents $10 pm

8gig of space 5 torrents $13 pm

15gig of space 7 torrents $18 pm

20gig of space 9 torrents $24 pm

30gig of space 11 torrents $28 pm

40gig of space 15 torrents $35 pm

50gig of space 20 torrents $42 pm

Would like to no what you think and my current subscribers also if they would like to move and there thoughts

Slayer:-)
    i am intrested in buying any of ur above plan if intrested then ineed to chat you personally on my msn messenger to clear some doubt..

my msn messenger ID Is :- [email protected]
    & Yahoo Messenger ID :- chetanj1983

Waiting For Your Reply.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I dont do tflux anymore m8 as to much hassel only dedicated now.
    If you want flux and you have people to share with il gladly set it up if your leasing server from me.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ya 20 people on a Tflux is way to much server load imo. It can be done but the page refreshing will be very slow, server load very high with that many actives.

10 people on a gbit would be ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast