Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there any problem with the OVH servers ?

bammers's Avatar Poster
    Yeah I think it will be massive for them, but reading in the OVH forums they said that they lost like 15,000 euro last time they offered servers outside so it sounds like they are very nervous about doing it again.

Although I can only imagine the possibilities... lol I rekon they would run out of dedicated servers on the first day the offered these plans if the price stay's the same

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Boutros's Avatar Poser BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hopefully prices stay the same/increase by a little (and hopefully Australia will be one of the allowed countries , although I doubt it - after all, when do us Aussies get anything on time? We're too far away from the rest of the world LoL)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by forthat View Post
    me and my friends are planning to get a server

as every one know kimsufi is the best out there....

we are planning to get that one.......

i have read some threads here that they are some ban of some people from their servers for using the servers for bittorrent clients........

is it safe now ?

Know that your server will work slowly if you went over the same time on the server.

If the Linux OS, up WINE and install uTorrent v1.7, you will not have any problems anywhere private tracker's.

If Win OS not forget that patch connections.

PS.
    I use OVH am not and never had problems. The same can be said for LeaseWeb, defect is restricted flow of 2TB.
    Last edited by Imhotep; 09-03-2008 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #14

Dry

OVH is cheap but has a specific policy about copyright infringement : if they receive some emails from MPAA-like they cut your server. I'm in France so I could have good price and yet I don't use them, I want to sleep quiet and use all public trackers I want. For me a seedbox is not only to get a good ratio for few trackers, it's also to free my personnal computer if a download looks very long.

Secondly "Kimsufi" servers are seen by them as the "disposable-servers" (so their customers too), and they haven't priority on their network and support. You can see the limit of the "noSLA" mode on their website (capping speed for connection outside their peering links).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12