Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

Poster
    @ superkelley

In Kazupernodes under current connection:
    Supernode IPort blank
    Supernode Username blank
    KaZaA IPort 0.0.0.0.:3556

So I changed the KaZaZ IPort as directed in the above quote, and hit refresh. This just changed the numbers back. Kazaa still won't connect. This thing is over my head, any one have any suggestions on how to make Kazaa connect? Or even where I could find out more about it?
    It will not connect with the supernode IP field blank. Do you have only one supernode listed or many listed? Try clicking the button for "restore supernode list" then click " set new SN and restart kazaa" Fill in your ip and port If it's blank.
    Kazupernode Manual

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by FailSafe+7 September 2003 - 09:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FailSafe &#064; 7 September 2003 - 09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-tukya@6 September 2003 - 09:46
    I, too, have tried everything but it doesn&#39;t work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I&#39;ve found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?
    I&#39;m having an identical problem. Listenport is there but no ip. I have a "dynamic ip," though it rarely seems to change, and am thinking that this may be the problem. Any suggestions?[/b][/quote]
    Where did you find the ListenPort ? It should be in the registry at HKLM&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa. "My_ip_address" should be listed below it. If it&#39;s not, then that&#39;s why you can&#39;t connect. I don&#39;t know why it would be missing but it can be added manually there.

Edit:
    I deleted the "my_ip_address" value from my registry and kazaa connected anyway. The value reappeared after I restarted k-lite. The program is reading the ip from another location in the registry. It still may work to add the value if it is missing.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    @Jq427

Well, I will try that, but I don&#39;t know what type of registry it is nor if I should enter the IP as a number or a string. I believe as a string but I don&#39;t as yet know. But thank you very much for your reply.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    The ip is a string value, like this:

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Donnerkatze
    I&#39;m still having connection problems with Kazaa Lite K++ (v 2.4.2). Some info about my setup:

I&#39;m using Bellsouth&#39;s Fastaccess ADSL external modem which functions as a router. I&#39;m running Win98SE with a functioning ethernet card connected to the ADSL modem.

I have Kazaa&#39;s port set to 3282, so be to sure, I&#39;m forwarding those ports to my local IP:

I ran a port test too (linked from the KaNAT site) and it shows port 3282 externally open which is how it should be.

I&#39;ve installed KaNAT and tried running it once Kazaa was open. The results:

As far as KazaaSupernodes: I, too, had the problem of having a 0.0.0.0 IP and correct port (3282). Upon entering my correct WAN IP (68.18.55.99) and hitting refresh, it just pops right back to 0.0.0.0:3282. A picture of my KazaaSupernodes view:

I&#39;ve tried refreshing lists and basically clicking every button in KazaaSupernodes; I get no lists. It won&#39;t let me enter that ip and keep it. Kazaa itself doesn&#39;t even seem to detect my LAN IP (192.168.1.97) which is why KaNAT apparently errors saying it can&#39;t find a LAN IP to replace. Kazaa does not connect, it just stays stuck at "Connecting...". I&#39;m not sure what to do at this point, but I&#39;ve thoroughly read this thread and the FAQ so far and I&#39;ve come up with nothing.

Anyone know what to do? Thanks.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Forum Star
    Fill in a supernode IP.

An example: 212.179.35.118:1214

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    My internet provider always blocked Kazaalite.. and I tried all the port changing stuff.. port 21, 25.. above 5000.. with 1214 disabled..and enabled.
    The I got a tunneling prog.. which worked great&#33;..Kaz was back up like normal.

However 2 days ago.. my internet chap upgraded his connection software.(we use something called Cyberoam 24 Client.. or something like that)
    Now,, it won&#39;t connect. even with my tunneling software&#33;
    at first I came here and thought is was the prob everyone else was talking abt.. so I tried all that stuff.. BUt.. I&#39;m using 2.4.1.. not 2.4.2
    Sooo... somebody help me out here?&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #28

Well I tried your advice stated below:
    Jg427
    It will not connect with the supernode IP field blank. Do you have only one supernode listed or many listed? Try clicking the button for "restore supernode list" then click " set new SN and restart kazaa" Fill in your ip and port If it&#39;s blank.
    Nada. But a few hours later, after doing some basic computer maintenance (deleting my temp internet files and quarantined files), I opened Kazaa and … it connected. Easy come, easy go.... Now my Kazupernodes has every value filled in... IM HAPPY BUT I DONT GET IT. Thanks for the help, ya&#39;all. Perhaps one of you computer guru people will ponder this mystery and some day understand it.

--SK

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by REALITY@4 September 2003 - 01:31
    Very Interesting, I&#39;m gonna PM, perhaps this should be Pinned or Fixed if true.
    Odd, I suggested this be pinned and then today I open KL++ and its nadda, no connection. KZN is empty and KaNAT has that 0 IP. Tried all of the above and no luck. Then I restarted KL++ a couple of times and it connected. Wonder whats the cause of this, perhaps just a dropped SN at the time.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    I still have problems with connecting I did everything that was suggested here but still my Kazaa won&#39;t connect. I placed my IP and port in KaZaA IP : Port, then chose a supernode from the list and clicked the button Set new SN and restart KaZaA. After some time in the box KaZaA IP : Port appeared 0.0.0.0:2972 and the other boxes were empty. I even put my_ip_address in the registry but I doesn&#39;t seem to help. What else should I try??? Please help.....

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast