Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

Interesting find.

I switched supernode as stated above and got nothing.

I then used the search function to find "identity", I found 120 sources, exactly matching the file size I am downloading.

I am now downloading at 13 kb/sec, which is ok.

Seems that without using the search, the built in accelerator is not finding all sources very effectively, hence 40 minutes with "connecting". As soon as I activated the "search" fuction, I started to actually connect.

So the original download is at 13. When I click in the search results, they are downloading the same movie from the same supernode at 30 kb/sec.

This is just weird.

Fantastic, 10 minutes later, both are down to 2.00 kb/sec.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. File Sharing   -   #132
    BANNED
    availability of sources

3. File Sharing   -   #133
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@18 October 2003 - 08:01
    availability of sources
    did you see 120 sources?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. File Sharing   -   #134
    BANNED
    this is not the old days i have seen files with more supposed source then that, which did not connect to one, those sources could be bs sources, off line sources, etc. we have done this (testing files) a million times that why we tell people " not to pay attention to what you see in the search screan" its just a record of who is suppose to have the file but not who is available for connection

5. File Sharing   -   #135
    bijsterg
    I never had troubles installing older versions of K-lite, but the new version cost me the little bit of hair which was left!

The problem seems to be my McAffee firewall. I tried all possibles setting, but it refuses to start K-lite if I don't set K-lite to have full unfiltered access to the internet. As soon as I set filtering, even with the setup ports from K-lite, the communication stops.

Who had the same experience and knows how I can, or have to, change the settings?

6. File Sharing   -   #136
    BANNED
    Originally posted by bijsterg@18 October 2003 - 17:18
    I never had troubles installing older versions of K-lite, but the new version cost me the little bit of hair which was left!

The problem seems to be my McAffee firewall. I tried all possibles setting, but it refuses to start K-lite if I don't set K-lite to have full unfiltered access to the internet. As soon as I set filtering, even with the setup ports from K-lite, the communication stops.

Who had the same experience and knows how I can, or have to, change the settings?
    i got mcafee and no such problem just add kpp and klrun to be filtered and then allow it to watch and observe how it communicates

7. File Sharing   -   #137
    movies7
    Originally posted by boyzeee@3 September 2003 - 22:07
    For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing! Until it happened to me yesterday! I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

status... kazaa not connecting.......tried the usual.......no effect
    I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say's "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros! kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work!

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using. Write it down.

If kazaa stops connecting and you have tried jumping nodes etc and it still not working all you have to do is type in your IP address and the port kazaa using in KAZAA IP PORT then hit refresh, this will restart the connection in kazaa and all should be ok

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

I hope this helps you all with connection probs and if anyone can make this simpler or has an easier solution please post it
    ive tried all of the tips and nothing happens to my speed except drop switched super nodes starts out high for a second then goes to the basement even tried without any fire walls ive watched my upload screen it seems 9 out of 10 people have the same problem my ip addreess is right also please any help.

8. File Sharing   -   #138
    BANNED
    9 out of 10 where here in this post?? any ways

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth, to see if it helps

and remember if your files don't have sources nothing will help

9. File Sharing   -   #139
    ncredable1
    Well I'm finally posting cause I don't seem to be able to find my connection solution. I've been downloading GREAT for years. Just recently, all of a sudden, when connected via cable-OOL I get connecting at 0.00 for all my connections. Nothing downloads. I have removed my router, uninstalled firewall software, reinstalled klite, switched supernodes, tried other programs that wouldn't download either (emule, shareaza) et.al. I CAN connect using dial-up and via free Http-Tunnel, but what a pain! What else is there to try? (Other than slitting wrists ) I miss my freeflowing downloading days...please help!

10. File Sharing   -   #140
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ncredable1@20 October 2003 - 20:18
    Well I'm finally posting cause I don't seem to be able to find my connection solution. I've been downloading GREAT for years. Just recently, all of a sudden, when connected via cable-OOL I get connecting at 0.00 for all my connections. Nothing downloads. I have removed my router, uninstalled firewall software, reinstalled klite, switched supernodes, tried other programs that wouldn't download either (emule, shareaza) et.al. I CAN connect using dial-up and via free Http-Tunnel, but what a pain! What else is there to try? (Other than slitting wrists ) I miss my freeflowing downloading days...please help!
    have a look here

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast