Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoi Americans

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Hi JP.

Looks to me, like that video was edited so as to exaggerate the contradictions in his statements(or apparent contradictions). I didn't follow the link for the full video, so I couldn't confirm that though.

But that aside, as far as Mr. Wright goes, he just got caught up in a furious storm we call american politics. Not to say he doesn't believe that way, or have those unhelpful attitudes towards non-black people. But that he, like most people, would do just about anything to get that "15 min. of fame". And he got it.

But at the expense of Obama.

There's something there, alright. But not anything that would cause me to not want to vote for him. Sure it would have been better for him to have gone to a different church, one that was less extreme in that sense(black power! oriented), but meh.... whatever. At least he went to a church at all, for that long.
    Yo Dude

I just think that it was going to be hard enough for black man to be elected POTUS. This must if anything piss off the more moderate swing voters (if such thing exists in the USA) and swing them towards McCain. In other thoughts, might it bring more white supremacists out of the woodwork specifically to vote against him.
    White Supremacists are not noted fans of women in elected office.

Alongside that, though, I would vote for a conservative black candidate in a heartbeat.

Someone like Michael Steele, for example.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    We're not talking about you tho mate. Bearing in mind that

A, The woman in question would only be vice

B, She claims to be a redneck hockey mum.

C, Shirley that is more acceptable to them than a black man in charge. Particularly after this whole thing about black values and black ethics.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

C, Shirley that is more acceptable to them than a black man in charge. Particularly after this whole thing about black values and black ethics.
    Don't forget the thing about black holes.

Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    [Insert funny pic by barbs here, barbs]

Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    True, but one given a HUGE step up in the political pecking order post-McCain; the presumptive party leader, at this remove.

"Redneck"?

I don't think she claims that.

Purely on the matter of black vs. female, I disagree.

The other, having arisen because of the church thing, skews the former out of all proportion to the base issue.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Doesn't she do the whole thing

What's the difference between a hockey mum and a pitbull - lipstick. I shoot bears and other things me.

I'm surprised you think that white supremacists would find a black President preferable to a white, female Vice President. However I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

No wait, are you sure, white supremacists are more misogynistic than racist. You people are weird.

7. Lounge   -   #27

What's the difference between a hockey mum and a pitbull - lipstick. I shoot bears and other things me.

I'm surprised you think that white supremacists would find a black President preferable to a white, female Vice President. However I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.

No wait, are you sure, white supremacists are more misogynistic than racist. You people are weird.

8. Lounge   -   #28

No, what I meant was she claims the mantle of "hockey mom".

She has not claimed that of "redneck".

BTW-

Missus J was a hockey mom - her daughter played, alongside my own daughter.

I didn't say that, I merely said they aren't inclined that way, either.

What white supremacists are, mostly, is horribly old-fashioned, or, more appropriately, old-fashioned in a horrible way.

We're weird, yes.

What of it.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Didn't Palin say she was a pitbull with lipstick or something?

As far as I can see the Biden chap is the only one who is not a bit mad - not a huge choice for the voting public.

I expect it will turn out all right on the night though
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #30
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Yo Dude

I just think that it was going to be hard enough for black man to be elected POTUS. This must if anything piss off the more moderate swing voters (if such thing exists in the USA) and swing them towards McCain. In other thoughts, might it bring more white supremacists out of the woodwork specifically to vote against him.
    yes it did raise some concerns with swing voters, and far as white supremacists go yeah i'd guess they'd vote against him too.

but having a questionable and/or racist person as his minister is in no way comparable to the disaster we've been living through all these years. true, some die hard republicans are gonna refuse to admit they were wrong, and vote with their party. but this country is facing some really serious problems right now, and people will remember that when they go to the polls.

btw, the newest media craze here is focused on his pick of palin as vp, not that wright business. i mean, they could revive it but it's not being given as much attention as it was when the story first broke.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123