Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Inactivity and Ratio Rules

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    Just a correction on this

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga
    The Inactive line usually shows how many days until being disabled by inactivity, and what constitutes as activity. So if it says Inactive: 42 days, web, then it means that if you don't go to the web site (Logged in of course) for 42 days, your account will be disabled/deleted.
    that is not entirely accurate on all trackers..... some trackers define Inactive as not being part of the community! this includes irc action, torrent comments and or forum posts...

logging in...... is just logging in.. nothing else.. Oo

So... all users know whats up... if you find your accounts ban/ disabled for TRUE INACTIVITY....
    Only traders act like that, don't know why are you worried about them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Nice list. My opinion is if you don't normally use a site at least once a month then you really don't need it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    Nice list. My opinion is if you don't normally use a site at least once a month then you really don't need it.
    How true that is. Too many people have sites they never visit, but they are obsessed with keeping them alive. It must be a trader mentality.

I had a ton of trackers when I first started torrenting, but when I realised that they were all pretty much the same, I stuck to 1-2 general trackers, and a few content specific trackers. No need for much else.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    great list

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I can vouch that KG does not ban inactive users. I was absent for over a year and found my account still intact.

edit: I should add that U-G is either 4 or 6 weeks (ask in their IRC chan). I know because I was disabled there. Although, they did re-enable me considering I had an extremely awesome ratio and seed indefinitely.
    Last edited by Eargasm; 09-10-2008 at 08:22 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    great info mate

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    Just a correction on this

that is not entirely accurate on all trackers..... some trackers define Inactive as not being part of the community! this includes irc action, torrent comments and or forum posts...
    can you name some trackers, which do that

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Good list, thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    MAX011's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    this is sooooooo helpful

thanks alot

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thanks for this thread. Very useful info.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast