Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NZB site with the quickest scene releases?

rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by mcorleone View Post
    there are several HD releases that i would like to download. i've search several nzb indexing sites (newzleech, binsearch, nzbmatrix, etc), but am unable to find the releases.

however, they have been available via bittorrent and rapidshare for several days now.

i am beginning to question the necessity of having a usenet account. what do you guys think?
    How are you searching for them? Full release name or the file name? A lot of times they are uploaded with only the filename in the header, this has been happening much more lately.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Usually i'll search for keywords in the release name, but the release name isn't always different from the filename. For example:

Release Name: The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD
    RAR Name: The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD.part01.rar
    filename: the.godfather.1972.1080p.bluray.x264-adhd.mkv

I search for: godfather 1080p x264 adhd

i still get zero hits searching for nzb's.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD is there but not exactly with that name. It has been there for 3.5 days.

"the.godfather.1972.1080p.dts.x264"

*******************************************************************************
    The Godfather (1972)
    *******************************************************************************
    Type.................: Movie
    Part Size............: 100000000
    Number of Parts......: 209
    Container............: MKV
    Video Format.........: x264 @ 14000
    Resolution...........: 1920 x 1080
    FPS..................: 24p
    Audio Format.........: DTS 5.1 1536Kbit
    Audio Format.........: AC3 2.0 192Kbit commentary
    Subtitles............: English
    Source...............: Blu-Ray
    IMDb Rating..........: 9.1
    IMDb URL.............: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    i found that one too, but it's different from the ADHD release.

the one you posted is 21 GB while the ADHD release is only 12 GB. here is the nfo for the ADHD release:

Code:
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄             ▄▄▄▄ ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    █                    _____  ____   _____  ____                    █
    █                   |  _  ||    \ |  |  ||    \                   █
    █                   |     ||  |  ||     ||  |  |                  █
                        |__|__||____/ |__|__||____/ 
    █                                                                 █
    ▄▄▄▄. gives you ▄▄▄ ▄                 ▄▄▄   ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
    █                                                                 ▄
    █        The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD         █
    ▀                                                                 █
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀  ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀█
     Release date  █  18.09.2008                          █           █
     Imdb          █  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646 █           █
     Imdb rating   █  9.1/10 (318,403 votes)              █            
     Genre         █  Action / Drama / Thriller           █            
     Runtime       █  2h 57min 9sec                       █            
     Source        █  Blu-Ray @ 1920x1080                 █            
     Codec/Format  █  x264 ([email protected]) / mkv              █           █
     Resolution    █  1920x1080                           █           █
     Video Bitrate █  2 passes @ 9313 kbps                █            
     Audio         █  Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 640kbps       █            
     Subtitles     █  English, English (FHI)              █            
                   █                                      █           ▀
     Size          █  13á228á088á180  bytes               █            
     Tot. RAR Size ▀  13á359á991á106  bytes               ▀

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Usually i'll search for keywords in the release name, but the release name isn't always different from the filename. For example:

Release Name: The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD
    RAR Name: The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD.part01.rar
    filename: the.godfather.1972.1080p.bluray.x264-adhd.mkv

I search for: godfather 1080p x264 adhd

i still get zero hits searching for nzb's.
    This is one of the reasons Newzbin is so good and used by so many, all I had to do was go and search "the godfather" (without quotes) and there it is posted the same day it was uploaded to usenet, 3 going on 4 days for this particular HD release of this movie. Not to mention you can use attribute searches to filter to nothing but HD or whatever, including language and much more. Or just search nothing but HD movie posts and see how much truly is available including full unripped 40-50 gig blu-ray movies.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post
    This is one of the reasons Newzbin is so good and used by so many, all I had to do was go and search "the godfather" (without quotes) and there it is posted the same day it was uploaded to usenet, 3 going on 4 days for this particular HD release of this movie. Not to mention you can use attribute searches to filter to nothing but HD or whatever, including language and much more. Or just search nothing but HD movie posts and see how much truly is available including full unripped 40-50 gig blu-ray movies.
    well, i used newzbin when non-members could still browse the site. i agree that it was fantastic, but now you need an invite/membership to even browse the site.

also, are you sure you found the ADHD release on newzbin? there different releases floating around. this one should be a 1080P 12GB release.

in case you have any invitations to newzbin available, i've got an invitation to scenehd.org that i could trade. PM me if so. thanks.
    Last edited by mcorleone; 09-22-2008 at 03:47 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post
    well, i used newzbin when non-members could still browse the site. i agree that it was fantastic, but now you need an invite/membership to even browse the site.

also, are you sure you found the ADHD release on newzbin? there different releases floating around. this one should be a 1080P 12GB release.

in case you have any invitations to newzbin available, i've got an invitation to scenehd.org that i could trade. PM me if so. thanks.
    Thanks for the offer it is much appreciated, but no thank you. P2P has never been my thing nor will it ever be really. However you can ask for a newzbin invite in This Thread and if someone has one they may throw it your way.

You are right the one listed on newzbin no matter the attributes is over 12 gig. However there is a reason why... Video Bitrate. The 20 gig one has a bitrate of 14000 kbps the adhd has 9313 kbps. Mahhh... to each there own but if you are gonna grab a 12 gig movie you mine as well make sure you are getting the best out there and bitrate matters so whats an extra few gigs, but time.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 09-22-2008 at 04:08 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    I understand this, but the more important point here is that there are plenty of releases nowadays that aren't available on usenet.

This week, I wanted to download about 5 movie releases that I found online. Of the 5, all were available via bittorrent, 3 were available via rapidshare/megaupload, and two were available via Usenet (via newzleech, binsearch, nzbmatrix searches).

I've been a happy usenet user for a while now, and will likely continue my unlimited monthly subscription service. However, I now feel that usenet alone is not enough (regardless of the nzb indexing/searching site you use), and perhaps not even the best anymore. Because of the legal aspects, involved, i will never depend on public bittorrent trackers, but Rapidshare is an interesting supplement to usenet nowadays.
    Last edited by mcorleone; 09-22-2008 at 07:01 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    The another adhd release is 720p, "The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD", this upload is still incomplete.

Usenet and bittorrent they're not excluded in any way, but they're complemented, what it's not obtained in one, is in the other.
    And yes, bt has better pretimes, but a few hours of delay in some releases it's not so important.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    The another adhd release is 720p, "The.Godfather.Part.I.1972.1080p.BluRay.x264-ADHD", this upload is still incomplete.

Usenet and bittorrent they're not excluded in any way, but they're complemented, what it's not obtained in one, is in the other.
    And yes, bt has better pretimes, but a few hours of delay in some releases it's not so important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast