Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NZB site with the quickest scene releases?

Thunderstriker
    i recently made www.thepiratelog.com check it out maybe you'll like it
    Last edited by Thunderstriker; 12-10-2008 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstriker View Post
    i recently made www.thepiratelog.com check it out maybe you'll like it
    Thats not a bad little site. It would be nice if clicking on the logo took you back to the home page. Also when you expand a release you should be able to click it again to make it go back.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Headers. Then from those we Americanize and fast food the content. Tragic.

Someone has to get them and sift through them. To get a feel for the groups you should be watching, have a look at where you get the most content from..

a.b.tv
    a.b.multimedia etc.. Get those headers and watch them.. Get clever in automate the process with a script.

Some groups ie. a.b.boneless is nearly impossible to stay 'on top' of the headers situation because of the shear volume added to it..

My client (Pan) allows me to decide just how many headers I want to get.. N days, N headers, All New, All headers.. So keeps it easy for me because I only have 10 days retention, because thats more than enough for me.. so the worst case for me is getting N days = 10 and then I can peal back through them. Larger groups like a.b.tv or multimedia, dvd etc takes some time.. but its nothing for most.

Go and get some headers and sift through them, sort them however you'd like and you'll be pretty surprised the stuff that is available that doesn't make it to a lot of Indexing sites.

And maybe try to post 1 NZB to an indexing site per week.. The equivalent to 'seeding' I suppose..

Which reminds me.. I'll go post one up here now..

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    And maybe try to post 1 NZB to an indexing site per week.. The equivalent to 'seeding' I suppose..
    Do you know how to create nzbs (especially in linux)? i mean without newzleech or binsearch assistant

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    No I don't. I haven't really had any interest in it either. I'll leave that to the guys with the bandwidth to make uploading large files sensible.

What I was hinting at was sifting some headers and dropping found nzbs to the drive through window.

Like this.. enjoy. http://tinyurl.com/3j5vdo
    Last edited by 222MHz; 12-19-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: content added

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Sunnydown's Avatar Poster
    I have been using my usenet account less and less.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123