Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speedtest.net is sucks

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    speedtest.net and speakeasy speedtest are the same test, powered by ookla. Only speakeasy is more limited in their servers.

I'm lucky that speedtest actually has a server near my place and I've got a good reading. However, my speeds to far away places like London or St. Petersburg are half and quarter speed respectively.

If you have a bad connection to the nearest server on speedtest then yeah find another ookla speed test site with a server near you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    wow! !!!!!!!!!!!11

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by prathaplesnar View Post
    wow! !!!!!!!!!!!11
    nice spam...

OT: speedtest does suck. The speeds you get are reliant on the server you try it on. On the server closest to me, i get poor speeds, so I end up doing it on a server quite far away, and even then, it doesn't saturate my line

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by tX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prathaplesnar View Post
    wow! !!!!!!!!!!!11
    nice spam...

OT: speedtest does suck. The speeds you get are reliant on the server you try it on. On the server closest to me, i get poor speeds, so I end up doing it on a server quite far away, and even then, it doesn't saturate my line

Every speed testing result depends on the server your using, distance, congestion on the target server as well as ping time/latencies. I have a 20/2 connection and I have absolutely no problem finding a server to max my line.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post

nice spam...

Every speed testing result depends on the server your using, distance, congestion on the target server as well as ping time/latencies. I have a 20/2 connection and I have absolutely no problem finding a server to max my line.
    I am yet to see my 30/3 get even close :<

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    speedtest does not show you the real stuff you should try ftp or something else dld a program from a public server and see whats the real deal

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    In the past, when I had problems with my connection and I'd call my ISP, they would have me check my speed using Speakeasy.
    And this was with more than one ISP.
    I'd imagine that would give it a bit more credibility than other speed testers.
    The last thing an ISP wants is some inaccurate results, it could really cause some problems.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40

I am yet to see my 30/3 get even close :<
    You should I have 15/1 and I get more than that on both places

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Yakut's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Pirate BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Speedtest.net happens to be the number one source for speed testing, it never let me down.
    The first rule of fight club is, you don’t talk about fight club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123