Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Of Any Use To Anyone?

Originally posted by balamm@5 September 2003 - 00:38
    Netstat, Neotrace, all that kind of stuff only takes a few millisconds
    "because the data holds only the addresses of the recipient and the third-party server"

tracking programs wouldn't show your ip though, only that of the server

if the server was in a country like palestine, as es5 is, then the riaa wouldn't have access to the logs on the server you used.
    this would make the connection untraceable
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    How do you physically connect to the internet? Through a phone line or cable to your ISP. How is a connection to you initiated? Through that same phone line or cable. To a physical address on the internet, supplied by who? Your ISP. It doesn&#39;t matter what you add or subtract from your data or files, the ISP adds it&#39;s own and supplies feedback to connecting machines and providers to maintain the connection and direct the data.
    Example, I have domain redirection. My url is wenpigsfly.mine.nu . Now obviously .nu is not a canadian domain extension yet if you do a trace route, it points directly to my location. It has to or you&#39;d never get one bit of data from me.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    all i&#39;m saying is why is this program being given so much credit on the website if it&#39;s bullsh*t?
    real hackers are gonna use this program
    if it didn&#39;t work, surely they&#39;re not gonna risk it?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    who are these real hackers. you mean people who dos attack.

the only real use of a spoofer is a one way handshake, while all other internet traffic relies on the three way handshake.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    on the page i linked to earlier "simple nomad" said black hat hackers could use this program

if he was bold enough to make this claim, surely the software can actually do it?
    why would he make a false claim?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Sure they can use it. But not for a file transfer such as you&#39;d have with kazaa.

It&#39;s nothing to mask your identity in simple communication through a proxy. Getting a resumable download established the same way isn&#39;t possible or plausible.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    this is another topic added to my useless topics pile then?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Well, I&#39;m sure there are some wanna be hackers around who&#39;ll find some benefit from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12