Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incredibly Slow Upload Speeds?

Poster
    My download speeds are up to about 500k at times, its just upload that seems slow.
    Dreaming of falling into the EbookVortex.
    Hiding from the Non-fiction books.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fotografic's Avatar Poster
    you should try being in UK many ppl find their isp throttle their connection at certain times of the day
    i have 8mb download and 50k.s up......just now im downloading file which has 23 seeds and 56 peers...my speed,i hear you ask?.......2.4k.s down and 0.5k.s up......AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fotografic View Post
    you should try being in UK many ppl find their isp throttle their connection at certain times of the day
    i have 8mb download and 50k.s up......just now im downloading file which has 23 seeds and 56 peers...my speed,i hear you ask?.......2.4k.s down and 0.5k.s up......AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!!!

what the fuuuuucccckkkkk?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jaszypoo's Avatar Slide away! BT Rep: +2
    Most of the major ISPs (Bell and Rogers) here are throttling in Toronto, and most likely in Canada as well AFAIK.

Hmm, try disabling DHT. Some people say it helps. Maybe I'm wrong though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ostracizado's Avatar Biatx BT Rep: +5
    What about the port in Utorrent ? witch one are you using ? do you have the green sign ?

Most of the times problems like that are because of your router ...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    yep, I forwarded the port through my firewall, no complaints at all about my download speeds, with good seeds I get very fast dl speeds
    so I'm assuming that I'm not being throttled, otherwise they'd probably have slowed my download as well.
    It is only my upload that is so low.
    I'm connectable(4/5) peers were connected to me at the time, I upload to them at speeds ranging from 0-1k/sec usually, and only to 1 peer at a time.

Dreaming of falling into the EbookVortex.
    Hiding from the Non-fiction books.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    leechers in swamp will exchange data between themselves first, then one of them will connect to seeder to get the piece when none of them has it, sounds like what happened? I'd try with a popular torrent on a huge user base tracer i.e. TL, to test the up speed you can reach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12