Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P2L = Good.

respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    But you have to admit, exploiting lazy members is a good system
    Exploiting members of your own site is a good thing ?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    As a past and hopefully future user of BCG the SP system works you get it pretty fast and you can move on if you like, It also keeps seeders at a high almost all the trackers there have a higher seeder count then leachers. If you allow people to pay it would cuase people to just leach and destroy your trackers on your site.

Now i'm not saying dont try to make money im all for it but think off away to get both (Money and a High seeder count) and you will be happy and you community will be happy in the long run

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    If a site wants to go p2l, then there's no problem, but if a site saying that they aren't p2l and they are, then this is the issue

TL is p2l ofc, but it offers latest releases to 150000 human beings, so it's a deal, you upload, VIPs pay, staff offer the effort and earn, what's the prob then

The only useful totally non p2l tracker I've seen is torrentbytes, they only ask for server dues, not even for seed boxes, and treat donors as anybody else, and in the same time offering good contents, pres and speed for 70000 users, of course they having some donations shortage from time to time but this is expected

As for BCG, I don't think it's p2l, with their target announced in the home page, closing the donations after hitting the small target, and the exellent service they offer, they can't be p2l, and about the full sp bonous, I think it's normal, they won't get any donations if they didn't so
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    But you have to admit, exploiting lazy members is a good system
    Exploiting members of your own site is a good thing ?
    Thanks for your contribution, Mr politically correct. I see no problem with taking money from people who can't be bothered seeding, or feel the urge to continually hit & run.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post
    If a site wants to go p2l, then there's no problem, but if a site saying that they aren't p2l and they are, then this is the issue

TL is p2l ofc, but it offers latest releases to 150000 human beings, so it's a deal, you upload, VIPs pay, staff offer the effort and earn, what's the prob then

The only useful totally non p2l tracker I've seen is torrentbytes, they only ask for server dues, not even for seed boxes, and treat donors as anybody else, and in the same time offering good contents, pres and speed for 70000 users, of course they having some donations shortage from time to time but this is expected

As for BCG, I don't think it's p2l, with their target announced in the home page, closing the donations after hitting the small target, and the exellent service they offer, they can't be p2l, and about the full sp bonous, I think it's normal, they won't get any donations if they didn't so
    i know i don't post much on fst any more but in this case i will break my own rule
    you can say what you like about tl ect tbh i do not mind
    but NONE of the admins or staff get payed a penny for the work we put in
    all the money donated to tl go's to the site owners
    i work on tl for free and have done for 3 years plus now reason is simple i like the site.
    so feel free to say what you want about tl but never think for a sec that the staff get payed as that is untrue
    Last edited by kingrob; 10-28-2008 at 12:53 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post

i know i don't post much on fst any more but in this case i will break my own rule
    i work on tl for free and have done for 3 years plus now reason is simple i like the site.
    so feel free to say what you want about tl but never think for a sec that the staff get payed as that is untrue
    but the owners profit from it? kind of sounds like that's what you're saying. if the staff gets payed or not is not really the question in this thread anyways, but whether a p2l system benefits the tracker or not.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post

but the owners profit from it? kind of sounds like that's what you're saying. if the staff gets payed or not is not really the question in this thread anyways, but whether a p2l system benefits the tracker or not.
    ok i will reply with my view

in my view the system that is used on tl works well for tl i do not see it as p2l as when a members vip runs out they must have a ratio over 0.4 like any other member but others do see it as p2l there is no point me debating this as i have done so many times in the past

but what i do know is with the donations tl gets the hardware for the site is kept upto date the site runs fast has content in good times and the speeds are good so in my view the system on tl is good for the users and has worked for almost 4 years now.
    Last edited by kingrob; 10-28-2008 at 01:27 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    what i do know is with the donations tl gets the hardware for the site is kept upto date the site runs fast has content in good times and the speeds are good
    Which is exactly my point. When TL disabled invites for a while, and the only way to get in was paying for VIP status, most people shunned TL for it, but even if the money is going to the owner then people should get over it. It's a good site.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post

rofl, blackcats is also p2l...
    rofl, you are an idiot...and that's all I'm going to say.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post

rofl, blackcats is also p2l...
    rofl, you are an idiot...and that's all I'm going to say.
    but it was p2l, now by you guys definition, it's not technically p2l, but you do get seeding benefits by donating.

I still can't believe you guys are backing up stoi after all the shit he's done. So many fucking scandals.

1. Staff openly said that they took money from the site, hell Stoi has been earning money from the site.

2. After Oink got busted, Stoi step down immediately. It wasn't until all the Oink shit cooled down that he came back.

When it comes to it, bcg is a sketchy site with a terrible past, if it weren't the only decent games tracker, it would be long gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast