Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P2L = Good.

WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

rofl, you are an idiot...and that's all I'm going to say.
    but it was p2l, now by you guys definition, it's not technically p2l, but you do get seeding benefits by donating.

I still can't believe you guys are backing up stoi after all the shit he's done. So many fucking scandals.

1. Staff openly said that they took money from the site, hell Stoi has been earning money from the site.

2. After Oink got busted, Stoi step down immediately. It wasn't until all the Oink shit cooled down that he came back.

When it comes to it, bcg is a sketchy site with a terrible past, if it weren't the only decent games tracker, it would be long gone.
    Who cares if he makes money from the site? If they're providing a service that people are damn well willing to pay for then why not let them? You're forgetting that no one is making anyone donate to these sites.

Now as far as whether it's good for these trackers or not, it can be very useful in some ways:

1. Those that actually seed will reap the benefits of having a high ratio, therefore being able to download more.
    2. Those that choose to hit & run constantly will eventually run out of money and be required to seed or be banned. If they don't run out of money they're still supporting the tracker by paying its bills and maybe putting some extra change in the owner's pockets.

I don't see anything wrong with p2l personally, but it all depends on having a select few who are willing to do some work and upload, without the uploaders we wouldn't have p2l. In my opinion if anything the uploaders should be paid a small amount for their work.

Music lover, baby.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

rofl, you are an idiot...and that's all I'm going to say.
    but it was p2l, now by you guys definition, it's not technically p2l, but you do get seeding benefits by donating.

I still can't believe you guys are backing up stoi after all the shit he's done. So many fucking scandals.

1. Staff openly said that they took money from the site, hell Stoi has been earning money from the site.

2. After Oink got busted, Stoi step down immediately. It wasn't until all the Oink shit cooled down that he came back.

When it comes to it, bcg is a sketchy site with a terrible past, if it weren't the only decent games tracker, it would be long gone.
    what the hell are you going on about.

I have never once said or any of my staff said that we take money, or make money, there has been a lot of insinuations, just like you get on most sites, but thats life im afraid.

I had my reasons, and tbh it had nothing to do with the cash, my name was on the server and address, and i couldnt sleep at night, every time a copper passed the house i was ready to bolt out the back door, i just couldnt live like that, and i was always coming back after a month away.

We have been going for 5 years, we have used nearly all of our 9 lives i admit, but we do keep coming back, and for you Information, I dont even think we are the best games tracker, but if we are like you say we are, then that has only been achieved in the last year, so why didnt we not vanish in the 4 years before that.

tbh mate you know fuck all of what goes on, you just hear crap on the grapevine, and take it as gospel. whatever your perogotive, but your opinion is very much deluded.

btw most sites have very sketchy pasts, ours has just basically been, Public tracker, Private tracker, Changed tracker software too early, had to revert back, hacked, hacked again, i left for a month, came back, thats about it, the Owner has never really changed apart from that 1 month, not like some other sites i know of, where the ownership changes quite a lot.

and btw if it wasnt for ME BCG would be long gone, not because it a good tracker, or a crap tracker, 1st 3 years i got £20 in donations and that was from the same member twice lol I could have quite easily jacked it in then, but i kept it going, im not in this for the cash, i dont care about the cash. (people tend to forget the early years though, and just believe whats happening now and all the lies and crap that floats around the net, from ppl that usually have been banned, or just cant get in)
    Last edited by stoi; 10-28-2008 at 01:24 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    To stoi, Thanks, your efforts and fears haven't gone, I really appreciate the risk you take

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post

TL is p2l ofc, but it offers latest releases to 150000 human beings, so it's a deal, you upload, VIPs pay, staff admin offer the effort and earn, what's the prob then..........
    i know i don't post much on fst any more but in this case i will break my own rule
    you can say what you like about tl ect tbh i do not mind
    but NONE of the admins or staff get payed a penny for the work we put in
    all the money donated to tl go's to the site owners
    i work on tl for free and have done for 3 years plus now reason is simple i like the site.
    so feel free to say what you want about tl but never think for a sec that the staff get payed as that is untrue
    Sorted, ofc I've never known where the money goes, and the staff is the 1st simplest word coming to ur mind when you post such a post so, sorted
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123