Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tips Here...

Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69@7 September 2003 - 00:51
    [*]once u stop the search, if the file u want has a lot of resources, the click on the plus sign[*]highlight the highest bw user, right click and "find more for this user"
    nikita,

I was wondering if you could clarify this part a bit: what exactly does "find more for this user" do? I realize that it's supposed to make things faster somehow, but I don't understand how it does this.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    porjay
    don't be a jackass java he ment find more sources for this Download we should be thanking this person for sharing his knowledge not mock him for his mistype...

Nice work Nikita Keep up the good work !!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    HELPFUL LINKS:
    Please note that sometime you may need to try several of these tips to get to a solution.
    1. KL++ RELATED
      1. Privacy Protection - IMPORTANT
        Are you afraid of the entertainment industry? Does your country have stupid copyright laws? You don't share because you are afraid you get caught for doing so? The newest versions of Kazaa Lite (2.10 build 3 and newer) have the solution for you! It is now possible to prevent other people from listing your shared files (find more from same user). Go to Options -> More Options. There you can enable the option to prevent people from listing your shared files.
        There is just one little downside to this, because it may let people think that you are not sharing any files. But for some people privacy is what counts. Enabling the option doesn't mean that you don't share files anymore! People just can't list your shared files anymore. In fact more people should be able to start sharing because of this. 5 Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of The Riaa - Proxy Servers (thx PAUL) - For A L L That Use P2p Or Share Files, The Time Is Now - It Must End (EFF) - Using Proxies With Kazaa (kl++) thx REALITY
      2. Working Urls For The Main Website
      3. Working Urls for the DOWNLOAD site - IMPORTANT
      4. Forum Rules - IMPORTANT
      5. Online KL++ FAQ - Downloadable F.A.Q (right-click and 'save target as&#39 - IMPORTANT
      6. New(bie) F.a.q - IMPORTANT-thx sharedholder
      7. How To Post Verifieds, Sig2Dat and K-Sig Tutorials - IMPORTANT-thx Paul
      8. Strange Sound, Screeching Songs - IMPORTANT
      9. Can't Connect? - TRY HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE
      10. Only 1 User Online? - TRY HERE
      11. .dat file problem? - TRY HERE
      12. Are there any MAJOR bugs with the latest KL++ version?
        - No. If you are having problems, then try all solutions from the problems section of the FAQ and search on the forum for a similar problem, because there is a 99% chance that there already exist a topic about it. From the man himself, PAUL.

_
      13. PC stops responding, shuts down or reboots? TRY HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE, OR HERE
      14. Did U pay for KL++? TRY HERE
      15. KL++ and Linux - TRY HERE, AND HERE
      16. ALL TOOLS - "The starting point where you can find dozens of the most useful tools available online."
    2. OTHERS RELATED
      1. DNS STUFF - This site will provide you with DNS Timing, WHOIS Lookup, Abuse Lookup, WHOIS Search, URL deobfuscator, Free E-mail Lookup, Spam database lookup, Reverse DNS lookup, IPWHOIS Lookup, NetGeo IP Lookup, IP Routing Lookup, CIDR/Netmask Lookup, DNS lookup, Tracert, Ping, ISP cached DNS lookup & Decimal IPs
      2. MAILINATOR - "Have you ever needed an email .. NOW? Have you ever gone to a website that asks for your email for no reason (other than they are going to sell your email address to the highest bidder so you get spammed forever)?"
      3. Online JPEG compressor - "Can help you to make your pages load faster by reducing the size of your JPEG files. It will display multiple versions of a given image compressed at different levels for you to pick the smallest image at the best possible image quality you require"
      4. PARANOIA REMAILER - "Mail, News, Type2 & SSL Encryption. An anonymous remailer is a computer which has been configured to run remailer software. This software is a specialized kind of email server software. Unlike average email server which goes to great lengths to log all incoming/outgoing traffic and add identifying and traceable info to its outgoing mail (in the form of headers) remailer software ensures that outgoing mail has been STRIPPED CLEAN of any identifying information! Thus the name 'anonymous' remailer"
      5. Management of Internet Names and Addresses
    RESULTS WILL VARY
    No matter how good your systems may be, they're only as effective as what you put into them.

updated

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    HOW TO TEST WHY YOU CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD FROM ONE USER?
    1. Drop any firewalls, exit completely
    2. Close Peer Guardian and alike
    3. Leave ONLY your Anti-Virus running
    4. Do a port change again in KL++. Go to 65000 for now and see if it helps. It does incredible things for me
    5. Do not block bad IP ranges- this is temporary, for testing purposes
    6. Don't disable 1214
    7. Change max uploads to 3
    8. Change downloads to 6, increase this slowly if you get results
    9. No extra idle bandwidth
    10. Turn off Auto Search
    11. Now do a search for shania twain- yeah whatever, but there are a million sources!
    12. Let the search run for at least 2 minutes
    13. Stop the search and select a variety of those results with medium bandwidth and bitrate. about 20 different files for now, both video and audio
    14. Open a command prompt with NetScan Pro 3.3 installed
    15. Enable logging in NetScan Pro 3.3
    16. Close and reopen NetScan
    17. Now view logs if there are any active connections showing.
    18. Get any remote IP's and in the command prompt, type netstat -s 5 to show statistics. do a copy save for future refference
    19. If you're familiar with ping, use the command prompt. If not, get a copy of PCS Network Tools by O'Reilly and enter the IP's shown in the NetScan Pro logs. try the ping 3 times for each one and record results
    20. If you have NeoTrace, do a trace route on each IP that connects. record the hops info and ping times, packet loss
    21. If you still aren't getting connections, It's time to go into the dats for IP info and follow the ping and traces above
    22. If none of this helps "get" sources, at least you'll have the stats needed to properly analyze what's happening and we can go from there.
    thx Balamm

RELATING POSTS: comming soon...

RESULTS WILL VARY
    No matter how good your systems may be, they're only as effective as what you put into them.

updated

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    HOW TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL AFTER EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS WITHOUT SOLUTIONS?
    Close all KL++ related tools (avipreview, kdat, ksig, etc..)
    Uninstall KL++
    download from www.k-lite.tk - select "Save As" not "Open"
    Start installing KL++
    Select the option of "Delete all Kazaa Lite registry keys before installing [This will reset all settings to DEFAULT]"
    Also select the option of "Supertrick [This will block a lot of advertising on websites]"
    Start KL++ and enjoy
    You forget some things ,just take a look.

Credit goes to Phalkon30

How to clean install Kazaa Lite K++
    Why did I throw this together? I've had to explain a clean install so many times lately...so from now on I will just refer to this thread, I suggest others do to to save time, and keep a uniform way of clean installing
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why clean install? It can fix many problems with kazaa, for instance if you are getting error messages, or kazaa will refuse to start. It is also a good idea to clean install with every new version, you could just install over an older version, but this will sometimes cause problems, I recommend a clean install
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do I perform a clean install?

1). Back up all downloaded files, and partially downloaded .dat files (I would recommend copying them to your desktop until K-lite is reinstalled)

2). Uninstall kazaa lite completely through the ad/remove programs thing in the control panel

3). Delete the programs folder (usually C:\Program Files\Kazaa Lite)
    4). Clean all traces of K-Lite from the registry using a program like RegCleaner (WARNING, editing the registry can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, make sure to USE YOUR HEAD, if you removed something you didn't want to, don't worry, just use the back up in this program)

5). Do a virus and spyware scan using the latest deffenitions, remove offending files (Spybot) (AdAware)

6). Go to www.k-lite.tk and download the latest NON BETA version of Kazaa Lite K++

7). Make sure nothing else is running on your computer (like other file sharing applications), then install with the settings you like

8). Copy downloads back to downloads folder (usually C:\My Shared Folder)
    That should do it, hopefully....

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    thx sharedholder, all wise inputs are always welcomed.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Out of The Ordinary
    Great work nikita69, this topic is now pinned.

BOT

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD FASTER? (example 2)
    1. Open KaZaa Lite.
    2. Open KaZuperNodes
    3. Press F6 for Favorites
    4. Highlight ALL IPs and click "Delete"
    5. Press F5 for KaZaa Supernode List
    6. Click "Check Status"
    7. Upon completion, sort by Status
    8. Highlight ONLY the IPs with "Supernode" status
    9. Press Ctrl+F for "Add to Favorites"
    10. Click "Check Status"
    11. Upon completion, sort by Status
    12. Highlight and delete any IP that does not have "Supernode" status
    13. Sort by "Response Time"
    14. Delete any supernode that has a response time of higher than ZERO
    15. Click to "Localize"
    16. Sort by Country, State or City
    17. Hold down the Shift key while pressing "Connect to new Supernode" (this step allows you to switch supernodes without disconnecting your downloads/uploads)
    18. Go back to KaZaa Lite and check the speed of your downloads
    19. If it's faster, then go to KaZuperNodes, highlight that IP and Press CTRL+L to add to your "SuperList"
    20. Make sure you save the "SuperList" and next time you want to another IP to to that "SuperList", open the file first
    21. If it's not fast enough for YOU, then jump to another supernode until you find the fastest for YOU
    The following steps are another or additional tips to maintain those "Favorite/SuperList" supernodes (please note that it can be tedious to maintain):
    1. Add the fastest Supernodes, from above, found from the nearest location to YOU to Favorites or SuperList and export IPs and name them "My Best SN.kzn or .kzf" format
    2. The following day, load "My Best SN" file and check their status
    3. Delete the "Unknown" IPs
    4. Leave the IP's with "Client" status, because in most cases they will come around again to become "Supernode"
    5. Continue doing the above steps for couple or more days
    6. After that, you would have a list of Supernodes who are in most cases up most if not all the times
    7. Continue to update it every-now-and-then
    Note: The following steps are based on the latest KaZupernodes version
    Note to KaZuperNodes programmers: Use the above steps as an example to eliminate most of these steps by adding them to context menu or shortcut

RELATING POSTS: comming soon...

RESULTS WILL VARY

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by nikita69@18 September 2003 - 18:31
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD FASTER? (example 2)
    • Open KaZaa Lite.
    • Open KaZuperNodes
    • Press F6 for Favorites
    • Highlight ALL IPs and click "Delete"
    • Press F5 for KaZaa Supernode List
    • Click "Check Status"
    • Upon completion, sort by Status
    • Highlight ONLY the IPs with "Supernode" status
    • Press Ctrl+F for "Add to Favorites"
    • Click "Check Status"
    • Upon completion, sort by Status
    • Highlight and delete any IP that does not have "Supernode" status
    • Sort by "Response Time"
    • Delete any supernode that has a response time of higher than ZERO
    • Click to "Localize"
    • Sort by Country, State or City
    • Hold down the Shift key while pressing "Connect to new Supernode" (this step allows you to switch supernodes without disconnecting your downloads/uploads)
    • Go back to KaZaa Lite and check the speed of your downloads
    • If it's faster, then go to KaZuperNodes, highlight that IP and Press CTRL+L to add to your "SuperList"
    • Make sure you save the "SuperList" and next time you want to another IP to to that "SuperList", open the file first
    • If it's not fast enough for YOU, then jump to another supernode until you find the fastest for YOU
    The following steps are another or additional tips to maintain those "Favorite/SuperList" supernodes (please note that it can be tedious to maintain):
    • Add the fastest Supernodes, from above, found from the nearest location to YOU to Favorites or SuperList and export IPs and name them "My Best SN.kzn or .kzf" format
    • The following day, load "My Best SN" file and check their status
    • Delete the "Unknown" IPs
    • Leave the IP's with "Client" status, because in most cases they will come around again to become "Supernode"
    • Continue doing the above steps for couple or more days
    • After that, you would have a list of Supernodes who are in most cases up most if not all the times
    • Continue to update it every-now-and-then
    Note: The following steps are based on the latest KaZupernodes version

RESULTS WILL VARY
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Nikita69,you really rock!!

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    thx shareholder. yet it's my humble experience and some wise posts that are easily ignored. i tend to always find myself looking at the opposite direction of people.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast