Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a historic day?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by handyrandy View Post
    Of course there is racism in the United States. But the ridiculous racists are of every color. Equalism is whats needed. I am glad that barack won, hes extremely intelligent, and his integrity is beyond contestation. I think he brings hope to the United States and i truly hope that he makes good on most of his campain promises. Impossible to appease everyone mind you, but anything is better than George W. or a decrepit old man (who probably wouldnt have lived through his presidency anyways) leaving the nuclear codes in a womans hands that thinks dinosaurs roamed the earth only 4000 years ago and her claim to foreign policy is i live 90 miles from russia. the fact she got as close as she had to that being an actual reality is kind of terrifying. Though most of Americans were more than unhappy with george w. 4 years ago and had black voters even showed a moderate turn out at the voting booths we would have started healing the economy back then. Barack deserved to win but not based on color, but on character and the issues that he plans to address. I think it is sad that alot of black voters , more than likely, turned out in such large numbers based purely on his color and not his great potential that he does possess.
    You don't even know how racist you are, do you.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    They were metaphorical herpes, actually.

I do have a nasal wart though. True story. It's not clearly visible but it fucking wrecks me that it's there. I think it comes from coming into contact with one of my son's digital warts. He likes to explore orifices. Fuck! That sounds so wrong.

I also have a cyst on my chest which burgeons with each miserable year. But I've mentioned before that it's a karmic cyst, so I deserve it.

Apart from all those deformities, I'm a pretty handsome kinda guy.
    Last edited by chalice; 11-06-2008 at 11:50 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

I do have a nasal wart though. True story. It's not clearly visible but it fucking wrecks me that it's there. I think it comes from coming into contact with one of my son's digital warts. He likes to explore orifices. Fuck! That sounds so wrong.

I also have a cyst on my chest which burgeons with each miserable year. But I've mentioned before that it's a karmic cyst, so I deserve it.

Can't you get the nasal wart burned off, in the cold way.

4. Lounge   -   #104
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Can't you get the nasal wart burned off, in the cold way.
    Nope. Facial nerves are too sensitive for that. You have to have them surgically removed.

Warts are organisms. They have a life span. Most won't live past 5 years. The procedure is much like dentistry and less like surgery. the same aesthetics are applied, but if the doctor doesn't get the root, then you're fucked all over again and the bastard will re-emerge.

Which is what happened to me. So I'm waiting out the wart.

Good name for a poem that, now that I think about it, like.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    You must call your autobiography that - "Waiting Out The Wart".

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

- The U.S. of A. is fighting in two devastating wars (Afghinistan and Iraq);

War is generally good for the economy. It creates jobs, expansion, etc. It certainly hasn't left us in "ruins". Quite the opposite.

It generally is good for the economy. It's shit all right now. It's definitely not good for us in general with lives lost and billions pissed away.

- The U.S. of A. has a huge dificit in it's states budget (due to those wars and other economic factors);

We have been in the hole since the 1940's. Nothing new there.

It's getting bigger....much bigger.

- The U.S. of A. is struggling with a huge banking crysis;
    - The U.S. of A. is in an economic recession;

Largely due to the housing market.

In short, this mess was created by the same groups who've created the recent spike in oil prices over here as well.

Parts of New England and southern California saw explosive growth in real estate, and that bubble eventually popped. The same cast of characters that created the housing mess, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bear Stearns, etc. are involved in this new oil bubble. When the housing market went south, they scrambled for a way to recover. They did so by investing in oil futures; only this time they are using federal bailout money to inflate the price of oil.

The way traders manipulate prices is surprisingly simple and goes beyond basic supply and demand. Demand isn't just made up of only real consumer demand but also demand created in the futures market. Hundreds of billions of dollars from hedge funds, pension funds, and other investments have been pouring into the futures market and this money has been creating an artificial demand which in turn is driving prices up. More specifically, they buy in European futures markets, which don't have the various limitations that U.S. markets do. That drives up U.S. prices where they may already have positions set by supply and demand. It’s market manipulation, pure and simple.

But remember, it's all linked to the housing market, and that is why banks are going belly up. As you see the housing market again taking a decline, you see oil prices dropping in unison.

When the housing market recovers, so shall the rest of our economy.

The housing market was over-inflated anyway. Oil prices dropped because the stock market dropped. This is related to the housing market but housing market does not = oil market.

- The U.S. of A. has a social system that is failing;

How so? If there is anything that is thriving over here, it is our social systems.

- Consumer confidence is at an all-time low;

With relation to what?

Read up on what the consumer confidence index is.

It is at an all time low.

- Unemployment is skyhigh;

Current estimates are at 4.8%. Up, but a long shot from "sky high".

Unemployment is at 6.5%

- 85% of it's inhabitants are under the impression it isn't going good at all with their nation;

I agree that our nation isn't where it should be as well. Who isn't? Anyone who is satisfied with the economic market right now is completely uninformed. But on the uphand, it isn't going to be our end-all. It's a recession. This isn't the first and it won't be the last. We'll get through it just like we always do.

- You're international relationships have been seriously deteriorating during the past 8 years.

The only deterioration we may have had in the past eight years is with countries that don't wish to have a working relationship with the US or it's allies in the first place. Many of our staunch allies have been fighting these battles right along side of us. What staunch ally of ours has reversed their stance with the US?
    If you believe our relationships weren't strained you live in a hole. Do you think "no WMDs" helped our relationships?
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-07-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Of course no black person voted for him strictly on the basis of colour.

Just as no white person voted against him on the same basis.

The race card was always in the deck even if you didn't see it played.
    Black Americans are predominantly Democrat. Maybe that was the basis.

When Jesse and Al ran, they didn't get far. Many blacks I know wouldn't vote for them.

Obama transcended race.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Oh but we are, people never saw Obama as a black man, americans saw and see him as a leader with hope, somebody that can makes us feel proud to be americans again, to be respected in the world again.
    Obama didn't run as a black man, he did as new hope.
    Either you aren't actually from the U.S., or you are the most naive and intellectually bereft person on this continent.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

For clarification of my last.

Colour is still an issue, just one that people can see past now.
    Yes, but I will go right out to the end of the limb to say racism, however it is perceived, is a bigger hang-up for blacks than whites, these days.

Whites compound the problem with their guilt.

It's pretty stupid, really.
    Some compound the problem with their racism.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #109
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Of course it's a "bigger hang-up for the blacks" they are primarily the victims and have been since they were enslaved. It's maybe the centuries of oppression they are reacting to. Wouldn't you agree.

I don't even want to begin to think what "Whites compound the problem with their guilt." means.
    For it all to finally elapse requires old beliefs be relinquished, which is (my opinion) a greater problem for blacks than whites.

Whites, therefore (and I assume you can discern the relevance) need to let go the guilt that should have perished with their elders.

I understand the reluctance to forego historic beliefs, but for many it is an active aversion, not to be given up without a pound or two of flesh and/or reparations.

I don't believe "getting even" is an entitlement.
    There are plenty of white people that have no guilt and are racist.

Maybe we can start there and then those uppity black folk can stop getting all offended and stuff.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

If you believe our relationships weren't strained you live in a hole. Do you think "no WMDs" helped our relationships?
    Please elaborate cause I don't understand what you just said ... English ain't my mothertongue
    Can you feel the LOVE

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast