Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to vista, wanting to bring Vuze with me

Poster
    Also, I wish that Azureus would stay in its own damn drive, I had all of the files it needed in my C: drive, I wanted it to keep everything there, I don't know why it felt obliged to move to my operating system drive?
    Dreaming of falling into the EbookVortex.
    Hiding from the Non-fiction books.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    strange i have never had the problem occur for me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    vuze rocks at any given OS.
    just configure its cache options correctly, accordingly to how much ram you have, and you won't even notice it running or accessing disks.

the best BT client around, none matches its huge selection of options and plugins, and functionality .
    i agree 100%. Everbody i say this to tells me i am on crack and why haven't i switched to utorrent yet. I try to explain there is many more detailed options available and then they tell me its bullshit.
    Yes, i converted to Azureus/Vuze some months ago and i'm not coming back to utorrent. It's a whole different level with Vuze, you feel like you have control of all that is going on with your machine.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    vuze rocks at any given OS.
    just configure its cache options correctly, accordingly to how much ram you have
    See, now when I started using torrents over two years ago, Azureus was the first client I tried. And it always bogged down my system. At the time I was XP. Browsing apps and other windows in XP was slow while Azureus was running, and browsing the internet. At the time I only had 256MB of ram though.

Once I found out about uTorrent I switched(I'm no longer using uTorrent though, switched to Transmission a couple months ago). Now I use Linux, and I'm on 512MB of ram. So would a sluggish OS and browsing still be a problem if I used Vuse now? I always favored Azureus because of its interface and options. But knew I couldn't use it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    the trick in azureus are the advanced options.
    if you configure the read/write caches accordingly, thus removing some RAM usage, you can use your PC for harder multitasking.
    If you prefer have faster disk accesses sacrificing RAM, then just increase the footprint for the buffer.
    It's a matter of tweaking, and finding your balance. That's the beauty of Azureus, and all it's immense tweaking and options. It's like linux, it's fully customizable to your needs.

In my case, i've a dedicated PC at home running Vuze for DL'ing, but it has 2GB ram, 2 TB HDD and a celeron Dual Core overclocked to 3Ghz, so i don't ever see it using more than 2% to 4% CPU.
    before that, it ran on an old Duron @ 1200mhz with 384mb RAM and it took around 15% CPU. So i suppose it's way better optimized than it used to be some months/years ago.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Wow, well taking 15% at 384mb ram I don't think is that bad. I don't remember what Azureus was using when I had 256mb of ram, but it was a lot, i know that.

I think I"ll give it another shot and play with the settings. Hopefully I can get it to work with barely using any resources. If not, I'm going to be upgrading to 1GB of Ram soon. So once I do that I'm sure I'll be ok to move back to Azureus.

Thanks for the info.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    vuze is so fail...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Wow, well taking 15% at 384mb ram I don't think is that bad. I don't remember what Azureus was using when I had 256mb of ram, but it was a lot, i know that.

I think I"ll give it another shot and play with the settings. Hopefully I can get it to work with barely using any resources. If not, I'm going to be upgrading to 1GB of Ram soon. So once I do that I'm sure I'll be ok to move back to Azureus.

Thanks for the info.
    well, running torrents and doing multitasking, i will always recommend AT LEAST 1 Gb. Besides, RAM is so so so cheap nowadays, that it's worthy going straight for the 2Gb.

Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post
    vuze is so fail...
    Finally a noob showed up on this thread. thank you for you insights.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Wow, utorrent is only using 8mb of ram on my machine, and very little disk activity as I stated before, lol.
    Vuze looks bloated to all hell judging by the screen shots. Looks more like a p2p app now, like kazaa with more crap put in.
    Thanks, but no thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12