Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who have e****, waffles or what

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If you prefer lossy music then What is probably the way to go. I like proper lossless, so I need all of them, but it's on Waffles that I'm most active, both tracker and site wise.

As for which are my preferred I'd say Waffles>Pedro's>E>What (But again that's because I want proper lossless)
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 11-10-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    This is probably due to the fact that it has about 3 times more users.
    Your math is off.
    yes you are right and I edited my post to reflect that. I, for some reason unknown to me, thought that there was more users at what than there actually was. Honest mistake.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have all three and prefer What.cd over any of the others. It has a great layout and is very easy to navigate and search. Not to mention the enormous selection.

Waffles would be at the bottom of the list for me. Far too many FLAC albums which don't cut the mustard, as well as a cluttered layout that can make searching for an individual MP3 album a tedious and time consuming task.

E**** can be a great source, but not at all if you're only into modern music. If modern stuff is your preference, skip E**** altogether. I like it for all the classic rock, myself. Of you're into Jazz or classical, there is also a lot in those categories to offer as well.
    Last edited by Skizo; 11-11-2008 at 12:20 AM.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    JUSTAGUY's Avatar TORRENT P2P BT Rep: +5
    Waffles is the best(layout is awesome)
    E**** is good if you like old stuff/flac formatbut i like Pedro's BT better.
    whatcd is good (hate the site format)

Side note i do like
    E**** for there forum invite request to other trackers no scamming there

Waffles wins my vote.
    Last edited by JUSTAGUY; 11-11-2008 at 01:58 AM.
    UTORRENT ABUSER

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I have all three and prefer What.cd over any of the others. It has a great layout and is very easy to navigate and search. Not to mention the enormous selection.

Waffles would be at the bottom of the list for me. Far too many FLAC albums which don't cut the mustard, as well as a cluttered layout that can make searching for an individual MP3 album a tedious and time consuming task.
    what's so difficult about searching on waffles?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

what's so difficult about searching on waffles?
    It isn't "difficult", persay; just unorganized.

For example: I was looking for a Cross Canadian Ragweed album the other day but didn't know the name. I went to What.cd and located the album straight away by simply putting the artists name in the "Artist" search box. All albums were listed chronologically and every file type and quality was listed with respect each album, so I didn't have to search for what quality options were available. It was quick, easy, and all right in front of me.

With Waffles, the only option is to search key words. By searching the artists name again, I get a variety of results. Those results are not in chronological order, album order, nor any other distinguishable order whatsoever, thus I am forced to read every single torrent name until I find what I'm looking for.

Now take that Cross Canadian Ragweed is not even a group that most people have ever heard of. Try searching for a mainstream band like Metallica that turns up hundreds of results and try finding a torrent that you're looking for by reading an arbitrary list of torrent names. Now, again, compare that to What.cd where there is a perfect listing of torrents.

There really is no comparison.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    what.cd is where its at. no one leeches at waffles unless its FL

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    p0ster
    Don't know where people claiming waffles has more FLAC than what get their stats

51544 from waffles verses 72986 from what

And last waffles FL, I tried to replace some albums that I didn't have in FLAC with FLAC. I found most were poorly seeded if at all.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    torax34's Avatar Toaster BT Rep: +2
    What tops in quantity, BT in quality, waffles is in the middle between those two. Not a member at E**** so can't compare it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    i don't have music tracker but a while ago luckly i had an invite for what.cd,
    just one night i surfed in it and honestly i should admit that it was wonderful as i see.
    but i am angry with them because they disabled my acc. without using it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast