Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: For those who have e****, waffles or what

Interesting.

I use both. Good selections at both trackers - they actually "cross-pollinate" torrents from each other a fair bit, TBH. The staff at both sites are fine. Personally I prefer Waffles layout & community - it feels more tight-knit, and gazelle does nothing for me. But that's just my opinion.

I look at them this way: What is more like Demonoid; Waffles is more like OiNK. Don't believe me? Check back in a year or two.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by kranium View Post
    Interesting.

I use both. Good selections at both trackers - they actually "cross-pollinate" torrents from each other a fair bit, TBH. The staff at both sites are fine. Personally I prefer Waffles layout & community - it feels more tight-knit, and gazelle does nothing for me. But that's just my opinion.

I look at them this way: What is more like Demonoid; Waffles is more like OiNK. Don't believe me? Check back in a year or two.
    i agree with you

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What is far ahead of waffles imo. I'm a member of both, and there are many things I find on what that are not on waffles. Also the gazelle layout is amazing and keeps everything organized so well. Both good sites tho.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Poster
    I prefer Waffles over What. The community is imo better and I seem to find more rarities there (i guess this depends a bit on what music you're into though).

On paper, the 100k extra torrents on What seems like a lot, but when looking at the amount of V0 and FLAC rips there really isn't a huge difference. Seems like What has more CBR and <V0 VBR rips, which really doesn't add any value for me. Also, there are more dupes and bad rips on What.

Still, I use What quite a lot, they complement each other really well. Can't say anything about E****...
    Last edited by ap47; 11-14-2008 at 12:40 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Both what and waffles are good and have almost similar content imo but i like waffles for its community and its layout is one of the best..

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I forgot to add that I don't give a flying fook about the "communities" of any of the trackers. I just use the aforementioned sites to steal files.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    invadercat's Avatar Poster
    i prefer what.... i like the site. and usually i can find what i want from what. waffles is good but i think what is better.
    Last edited by invadercat; 11-14-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    sharing is a joy

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Peanut's Avatar DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING
    I remember Oink, My favorite site of all time ... Lovely community , lovely seeds ,
    and the best thing about Oink, it had every thing,to the newest to the rarest music in general, it had every thing that i needed,
    -RIP I sure miss it,

I never had the chance to get in to waffles nor What //
    I use STM for music even thou , most of the time they dont got what am looking for ...

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    p0ster
    Waffles and what are quite different
    Waffles forums are largely dominated by a group of regulars. Everyone else would have trouble posting or feeling home there. I looked and didn't even know where to start.

What forums, on the other hand, are much larger and easier to get into (I find)

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    joni22's Avatar Give-Away Or Go-Away BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I remember Oink, My favorite site of all time ... Lovely community , lovely seeds ,
    and the best thing about Oink, it had every thing,to the newest to the rarest music in general, it had every thing that i needed,
    -RIP I sure miss it,

I never had the chance to get in to waffles nor What //
    I use STM for music even thou , most of the time they dont got what am looking for ...
    Oink - RIP

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast