Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Us Policy Spawns World Terrorist Force.

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Noname 12,

Did I read you right?

We let Israel go down the tubes and remove all US military presence in the MidEast and that will solve the problem?

Ha!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    @neverose

The McDonalds issue is so irrelevant I didnt even bother to make the "US building McDonalds" sentence precise. Of course the US Gvt isnt building the restaurants, Im pretty surprised I have to clarify it.

@clocker

Nice try.. but this thread looks like its going to be pretty civilised in spite of your 'tactics'

@noname

You've hit the nail on the head. Extremists need support from the moderates. Over the years Western 'foreign policy' has expanded this moderate support by making the ordinary people more and more desperate.

The sooner people grasp that concept the better... but I guess its easier to think we are the 'goodies' and they are the 'baddies'.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    goes to clocker:
    lol the terrorist problem yep, war in the mid east, probably not but who cares, they can look after them selves, they did that in the crusades and your suggesting we stay and run there lives for them, sounds like democracy working at its best if they claim there over thier because of terrorism then whats the problem? leave and its over, if they have a different motive then there pretty much inviting "terrorists" to attack them, hell they should hand them free plane tickets. Palestinians deserve there own borders, they where there first unless we are going to use the bible as evidence which no one seems to believe in until it comes to israel everything comes at a price, stay in the mid-east then expect "terrorism" to stay a problem leave and no problemo.
    Comes down to whats more important lives or what ever motive they have. Besides as far as i know America "should" leave now saddam is gone, well according to the original idea, but i doubt they will.
    Oh well, doesnt really matter does it, nothing we say is going to change anything might aswell keep our seat belts on and see where this ride takes us

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by clocker
    Noname 12,

Did I read you right?

We let Israel go down the tubes and remove all US military presence in the MidEast and that will solve the problem?

Ha!
    You've made your views clear in other threads clocker.

A dead Palestinian civilian means nothing to you. A dead Israeli civilian is a tragedy.

Perhaps if 'we' started applying the same rules and standards to both sides then 'we' may not be in such a mess?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@8 September 2003 - 22:00

@clocker

Nice try.. but this thread looks like its going to be pretty civilised in spite of your 'tactics'

@noname

You've hit the nail on the head.
    What tactics might that be, EBP?

I simply condensed noname12's post down to the two essential points ( which, apparently, you agree with) and expressed my opinion of them.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by clocker+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What tactics might that be, EBP?

I simply condensed noname12&#39;s post down to the two essential points ( which, apparently, you agree with) and expressed my opinion of them. [/b]

Tactics = your amusing lettuce remark. I should try the same attitude in the 9/11 thread and see how that goes down with you.

Getting back to the more serious point let me show you your tactics....

Originally posted by clocker@
    We let Israel go down the tubes
    <!--QuoteBegin-noname

imagine what the muslims feel, a bus of Israeli&#39;s blown up is a shocking disgusting tragedy, an entire building of palestinian civilains blown up all you hear from the news is "eh, a couple of pali&#39;s dead... no big deal aslong as the Israeli&#39;s werent hurt"&nbsp; (news report may have been exagerated by me) this has nothing to do with hundreds of years back, its about now, be fair in the israeli = palestinian situation[/quote]

condensed? Twisted more like...

I&#39;ve argued this "be fair" point with you in relation to Israel before. For some reason you find it highly offensive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BANNED
    I think what Clocker is really after is a serious debate on the issues involving Israel and Palestine. Unfortunately he&#39;s too one-eyed to listen or consider other people&#39;s point of view. Anyone who can&#39;t see that Sharon is doing all he can to scupper any peace deal with the Palestinians, must have a serious flaw in their concept of reality.
    Yesterday&#39;s announcement by Sharon that Israel will eliminate the Hamas leadership was surely designed to prolong this conflict, and signal to the Palestinians that Israel has no stomach for peace. Unfortunately the politics of Israel, with it&#39;s disjointed and diverse political structure is a serious barrier to finding a solution. The ultra-right wing "religious" parties, (and I use that term loosely), have absolutely no interest whatsoever in peace, indeed, their stated aim is to rid the whole of Palestine of Palestinians.
    The biggest joke of all is the idea that the Palestinians were "offered" a homeland years ago. The truth is, the Israelis "offered" to steal only a certain percentage of their land, not all of it.
    There is a way out of this, Israel to withdraw to 1967 borders, settlers given the choice of moving back to Israel or living under Palestinian control, and serious efforts, with western help, to resettle the millions of Palestinian refugees.
    The problem here, of course, is that Israel doesn&#39;t want peace, after all, they are "Gods Chosen People" aren&#39;t they?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    Why not let Israel go down the tubes. I for one am sick to death of hearing about the poor settlers only wanting to make a life for themselves. Face facts - they want to make a life for themselves on someone else&#39;s land, which is the major cause of the conflict. We also here stories that the Palestinians say that these settlers have stolen the Palestinians land, as in these areas being part of occupied territories. The stories are often phrased to give the impression that the Palestinians are protesting about the occupying forces. This is not the case. The truth is that in many cases the settlers have literally stolen the land from Palestinians. Stir up a little trouble which causes a backlash, the Israeli army comes along and flattens the buildings with its tanks, the residents have to find somewhere else to stay and when they come back they find a Jewish settlement has sprung up on their property, protected by the Israeli army.

I&#39;m sure that the majority of Israeli&#39;s are decent people, but if they don&#39;t or won&#39;t control the minority who are deliberately stirring up trouble then they are as much to blame. In this respect they are like the majority of decent Germans who said and did nothing to prevent the Holocaust in Nazi Germany.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    BANNED
    Well said Lynx.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@8 September 2003 - 22:29

Tactics = your amusing lettuce remark. I should try the same attitude in the 9/11 thread and see how that goes down with you.

I have NO idea what you are referring to.
    "Lettuce remark"?
    I think what Clocker is really after is a serious debate on the issues involving Israel and Palestine. Unfortunately he&#39;s too one-eyed to listen or consider other people&#39;s point of view.
    No, what Clocker is after is a serious debate about the points in this thread.

You&#39;ve made your views clear in other threads clocker.

A dead Palestinian civilian means nothing to you. A dead Israeli civilian is a tragedy.
    That little bit of slander is completely unsupported by any post of mine in this forum.

i mean come on look at the news even i am sickened by it, so imagine what the muslims feel, a bus of Israeli&#39;s blown up is a shocking disgusting tragedy, an entire building of palestinian civilains blown up all you hear from the news is "eh, a couple of pali&#39;s dead... no big deal aslong as the Israeli&#39;s werent hurt"&nbsp; (news report may have been exagerated by me)
    EBP, I didn&#39;t have to "twist" the meaning of this post.
    It started out twisted.

All in all I find the whole concept that, if we were to walk away from the Middle East everything would be fine, to be hopelessly naive and simplistic.

Iran hasn&#39;t done anything to the US? They pose no threat? ALL they do is fund Hezbollah?

Again HA&#33;

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast