Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OMG ovh to **** up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dance4 View Post
    yes if you will use bw extremally
    What does that mean exactly? I'm a member of seedhost right now...can you shed some light on that? What is extreme bandwidth use? 11mb/s all the time? 5mb/s all the time? 3mb/s all the time?

I would like to maximize use of the box without getting capped...any help you can give is appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquiz View Post
    Im not quite following all these new things.

All I know is, the speed I can get if I download from server is only around 10-50KB/s, which yesterday is around 500-800KB/s via HTTP or FTP. For torrenting I still can get 2-4MB upload I think.

I use dedicated from seedhost to offer Direct Download service for my site members.

Is this caused by these OVH/Kimsufi changes or a different problem?

Thanks

EDIT : Looks like my HTTP/FTP speed is back to normal now o.O
    Basically the internal bandwidth is the amount of bandwidth your box has to other OVH boxes, will be unlimited, as it costs them fuck all.

Those massive circle-jerk swarms you see on sites like ScT are largely made up of OVH'ers duplicating files across racks and cabinets xD

What costs OVH money is transit - "OVH to internet", pushing data out of the OVH datacentre and onto the interwebs.

So they're gonna throttle that. That's also where your 100mbit port doesn't mean shit anymore. They don't have the capacity to push out 100mbit from each box to the carriers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    you will get put into NoSLA and you have a useless box.
    Please if don't know something don't express your opinions about it !
    What makes you think I dont know anything about this. This is straight from their forums. 36 hrs/month and you are in NoSLA.

whats there to debate?
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34

Please if don't know something don't express your opinions about it !
    What makes you think I dont know anything about this. This is straight from their forums. 36 hrs/month and you are in NoSLA.

whats there to debate?
    Hah now is only sla standard and premium so you don't know nothing !

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    whatever , i dont know what your problem is with me, or if you work for OVH or something but your standard sla will get limited to 10Mb/s and your pro sla will get limited to 20Mb/s

I wont debate, read the forums. Im just passing along information for potential customers who dont want to get ripped off

EDIT: the question is now moot anyway, they have put maximum bandwidth on their packages. 5TB for 50 euro (for their cheapest package), and non OVH/OVH traffic is capped at 1MB/s. What a joke really.
    Last edited by puckface; 11-20-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    No not 1 mb/s.. 1 mbps Thats more joke.. Why do that if everything was running smoothly until now and the rules have allready changed?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    No not 1 mb/s.. 1 mbps Thats more joke.. Why do that if everything was running smoothly until now and the rules have allready changed?
    F***, you are blind or ?

There is no changes from September on Standard & Premium. It's
    the same. We have just ADDED 2 new bandwidth's offers. That is
    all
    1Mbps it's only with traffic series !
    Last edited by dance4; 11-20-2008 at 01:32 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    regardless.. if you need truly unlimited bandwidth you need to shell out 200 euro for thier lowest price package.
    Last edited by puckface; 11-20-2008 at 01:36 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    OVH to InternetOVH (Peering)1 Mbps
    That is what i see..
    Ah and aalso notice that puckface is talking about the traffic series..

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    regardless.. if you need truly unlimited bandwidth you need to shell out 200 euro for thier lowest price package.
    You choose the standard series.
    Do you really think even b4 all this extra fine word print they have come up with you really got truly unlimited bandwidth?
    Of course you didnt.Nothing has changed they have just added new choices.
    Youl get the same kind of bw speed as b4 on the standard series.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast