Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uploading - Distrubution Or Not

Double Agent
    Originally posted by Hogster@10 September 2003 - 06:02
    ok then why make CDRs and CDRW DVDR ect legal then?? why not jsut ban them simple
    you can make a legal backup copy of your software, songs, dvds

but you are not allowed to give it to your friends or distributed it in anyway.

so why shouldn't CDRs and CDRW and DVDR be legal?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Double Agent
    so yeah it's illegal

but hey it's the internet and crack groups and hackers do it because they "gain knowlege" and in the name of doing it for "educational purposes" and the "freedom to share information".

we are just free loaders, the ones that want stuff for free, download for free, and use it for free. Isn't that the idea the most people have?

so if you want to justify what we do..don't, because it's illegal and you know it, but we do it anyways.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 September 2003 - 07:23
    we are just free loaders, the ones that want stuff for free, download for free, and use it for free. Isn't that the idea the most people have?
    Well, FU U Freeloader...

so if you want to justify what we do..don't, because it's illegal and you know it, but we do it anyways.
    I have every right to justify it, just LEAVE ME ALONE...
    Arghhhhhhhh...

U FKIN FREELOADERS...

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by REALITY+10 September 2003 - 08:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 10 September 2003 - 08:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@10 September 2003 - 07:23
    we are just free loaders, the ones that want stuff for free, download for free, and use it for free. Isn&#39;t that the idea the most people have?
    Well, FU U Freeloader...

so if you want to justify what we do..don&#39;t, because it&#39;s illegal and you know it, but we do it anyways.
    I have every right to justify it, just LEAVE ME ALONE...
    Arghhhhhhhh...

U FKIN FREELOADERS... [/b][/quote]
    hahah whatever dude

i am just telling the truth

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 September 2003 - 09:32
    hahah whatever dude

i am just telling the truth
    Whatever...
    What Do You Mean WHATEVER

Just joking thy bringer of TRUTH.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

so why shouldn&#39;t CDRs and CDRW and DVDR be legal?
    ok then whats the difference with inviting a friend over and getting them to listen to it ??

None

also I was told you cant even back up your own mp3s

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Hogster@10 September 2003 - 08:47

so why shouldn&#39;t CDRs and CDRW and DVDR be legal?
    ok then whats the difference with inviting a friend over and getting them to listen to it ??

None

also I was told you cant even back up your own mp3s
    "ok then whats the difference with inviting a friend over and getting them to listen to it ??"

Oh so if you let your friends listen to your illegally obtained music is your friend guilty? no, you are.
    that&#39;s a completely different issue and has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

and of course you can backup your own mp3&#39;s, if you made them yourself or you have a licence of ownership.

what we are discussing here is whether or not uploading or downloading copyright protected material on the internet are illegal, and I argued that it&#39;s illegal but we do it anyways.

however if you purchased a piece of software or a music CD or mp3 it&#39;s perfectly legal to make ONE backup copy for youself given you dont distribute it illegally.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@10 September 2003 - 10:03
    what we are discussing here is whether or not uploading or downloading copyright protected material on the internet are illegal, and I argued that it&#39;s illegal but we do it anyways.
    Actually I was debating if uploading could legally truly be defined as distribution.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    thats what Im saying shoping centres for example have to pay licene just to play the radio same with a taxi driver what im saying is whats the difference between downlaoding uploading it ?? you still listen to it???

so what the music industry is saying is radio is ilegal we dont pay for radio?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Hogster@10 September 2003 - 12:46
    thats what Im saying shoping centres for example have to pay licene just to play the radio same with a taxi driver what im saying is whats the difference between downlaoding uploading it ?? you still listen to it???

so what the music industry is saying is radio is ilegal we dont pay for radio?
    man the US is fucked

I dont know it works down the states but in Canada it&#39;s like I said

radio is a broadcasting service, NOT a paid subscription. Anyone with a radio can listen to it. Even restaurants in Canada can put music on to its customers and without paying shit to the radio. Illegal? i dont think so

but if you think about stealing satellite signals, if you buy one of those "special" chips and receive the signals illegally, is the satellite company doing anything illegal? i dont think so (but a lot of people in Canada steal satellite signal, illegal? yes, but does government give a shit? no, but does Balamm give a shit? yes )

so what i am saying is each situation is different. i am just saying that downloading and uploading pirated music are illegal. And uploading pirated mp3 IS like making CDs of the original copy and "distribute" it to everyone. By copyping the file into your shared directory you make it available for download and thus constitutes illegal distribution.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast