Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xp Theme

Originally posted by liquidacid@9 September 2003 - 07:38
    Having said that, you're talking rubbish, aren't you, a theme file wouldn't load if it was corrupt. Unless your computer is in a bitof a state that is.

I think you just want some attention.

y wud i want ne attention and btw my vga has 256 ram. i got P4 and 512 ram. now i dunno what the hell went wrong but that site u gave me really screwed up the display.

btw even if i did need sum attention i wudnt ask u

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@ 9 September 2003 - 21:37
    now i dunno what the hell went wrong but that site u gave me really screwed up the display.
    You're very confusing, so you are.

You're saying that the site messed up your display?

Can you explain what you mean?

When i suggested your computer was in a bit of a mess, i was referring to it's operating system. I wasn't suggesting that it was going rusty, or that it was maybe strewn with rubbish

You do know that you need stylexp, or the uxtheme patch (which i recommend), to use these themes?

Looking at the download page i posted, that theme has been downloaded 90,000+ times. That suggests that the problem lies at your end somewhere.

Take care mate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by liquidacid+9 September 2003 - 21:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liquidacid @ 9 September 2003 - 21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ultimatejester@ 9 September 2003 - 21:37
    now i dunno what the hell went wrong but that site u gave me really screwed up the display.
    You&#39;re very confusing, so you are.

You&#39;re saying that the site messed up your display?

Can you explain what you mean?

When i suggested your computer was in a bit of a mess, i was referring to it&#39;s operating system. I wasn&#39;t suggesting that it was going rusty, or that it was maybe strewn with rubbish

You do know that you need stylexp, or the uxtheme patch (which i recommend), to use these themes?

Looking at the download page i posted, that theme has been downloaded 90,000+ times. That suggests that the problem lies at your end somewhere.

Take care mate [/b][/quote]
    i meant to say that the theme screwed up the display. i have style xp and i dunno abt my os, it could be messed up. do ya want me to give that patch a shot

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@ 9 September 2003 - 22:35
    i meant to say that the theme screwed up the display. i have style xp and i dunno abt my os, it could be messed up. do ya want me to give that patch a shot
    I don&#39;t know mate. Probably best that you stick with stylexp if you&#39;re happy with it. The only advantage that the patch has, is that you select themes and visual styles through display properties, rather than an application which uses up system resources (though not much at all).

Don&#39;t know why this particular theme doesn&#39;t work for you though.

Edit:- Whatever you do, don&#39;t install the patch over the top of stylexp.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@9 September 2003 - 16:35
    If you have Style XP installed, you will not need ANY of the available patches. However if you have SP-1 installed on your system, then be certain that Style XP itself is updated to accommodate it.

I obtained both Plex styles from the Longhorn transformation package that Sharedholder listed a few days ago. The themes run fine; however the "theme" itself is something that I had to create myself by choosing the "visual style" option on StyleXP, then choosing which LH wallpaper I wanted by selecting it&#39;s option.

My Plex Theme

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123