Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Google Chrome a flop?

FF3 got some issues like it crashes on its own. I prefer FF2! Never tried Chrome coz of privacy issues. I read somewhere that google will collect all the stats like sites we visit more often and will use it for google ads.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Probably in a few years it will get better, but right now it is lacking in some important features and everyone is looking for a browser compatible with a least 95% of the web sites, Google Chrome is just a work in progress for now.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Blistered's Avatar Random Person
    The market share is still relatively small but don't underestimate the possibility of Google to grab a market share! I am in the web build industry and big clients are already asking us to ensure Chrome compatibility for new websites since it is out of beta (from a front end code point of view this isn't a hassle as it is standards compliant). Our client browser compatibility requests are for a large part influenced by their analytics, suggesting they are all seeing a reasonable percentage of Chrome users.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I use Chrome and I love it. It's fast as feck, and runs most sites.. Only thing I'd like is more compatibility with sites that are programmed for IE, and some sort of ad-blocker.. Plugins would be pretty nice too.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    D1zkK1ll's Avatar Poster
    Google Chrome is really shit don't like it and it is full with bugs:S

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    The two things I like about Chrome when I tried it is you can drag tabs to make windows, and you can resize text areas. Too things, sadly, Firefox doesn't offer

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucto View Post
    The two things I like about Chrome when I tried it is you can drag tabs to make windows, and you can resize text areas. Too things, sadly, Firefox doesn't offer
    You can get an addon for firefox to resize text areas.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Chrome was great when I tried it. The only problem is it doesn't have addons like Firefox does. I would consider switching if only I could keep a few of my basic Firefox addons.

There's not really anything in Chrome that I can't already do in Firefox though, that includes incognito mode.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    I do think Chrome is a good browser, but just not willing to give up Firefox and its customizability for it

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    I use both ff and chrome. Chrome works as a powerful, lightweight browser, with a minimalist design and a powerful javascript engine. However, firefox is necessary for compatibility with some sites and increased functionality.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast