Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Google Chrome a flop?

I'm using Chrome as my primary because it's light and fast. I multitask a lot and opening firefox takes up to 3-5 seconds sometimes and hogs a lot more memory than Chrome. Chrome opens in less than half a second.

I still have Firefox around if there are issues with a site though.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #22
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Google has enough money and power ill continue my support for firefox.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by tobblissful View Post
    FF3 got some issues like it crashes on its own. I prefer FF2! Never tried Chrome coz of privacy issues. I read somewhere that google will collect all the stats like sites we visit more often and will use it for google ads.
    They fixed that error in the TOU almost immediately after it was found, turns out the legal department just copy and pasted the TOU from some other google stuff.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Incase anyone is interested, google chrome has risen to 4.62% of viewers of this site.
    Up from 2.39% last november...

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #25
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Anyway, my opinion?
    The browser has good potential if it would just allow more customizations to the layout and setting, and added a plugin system like firefox has.
    :yep: That's what everyone is waiting for, I agree.

I've tried the new Chrome 3.0 beta since it is rated as the fastest browser and it was real snappy. Completely awesome, but there's still just not that much in terms of customization. I have started using the new Firefox 3.5 RC (2-3) and I'm now satisfied with their speed although it is not as fast as Chrome, it is fast enough for what Firefox offers (Adblock, IE8 theme, Fission, FireGestures, Download Statusbar, LinkVisitor, XMarks, Accelerators, etc. - everything that I've come to expect to use)

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 06-28-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #26
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    16 times faster than IE

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #27
    problem with chrome is it only offers 1 thing over firefox, and thats its speed. All it takes is Firefox devs to recode the entire browser structure (since chrome is open source i think, they can get a good idea from that) and chrome will go down the pan.

Every other thing chrome has to offer can be done in firefox with a plugin. If chrome makes its own plugin system and it does get a laarge community backing like FF has to make those plugins then i would consider trying it out again.

However, if anyone is keeping up to date on mozilla's new projects you'll have noticed minefield by now. Minefield is most likely gonna be the new mozilla browser (i really wish they would rename it to firefox on completion lol) last time i tried it, it was stupendously quick and responsive. Id even go as far as saying it may even put chrome to shame on speed once its released

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by djlee View Post
    All it takes is Firefox devs to recode the entire browser structure
    It's just that easy huh?

Quote Originally Posted by djlee View Post
    However, if anyone is keeping up to date on mozilla's new projects you'll have noticed minefield by now. Minefield is most likely gonna be the new mozilla browser (i really wish they would rename it to firefox on completion lol) last time i tried it, it was stupendously quick and responsive. Id even go as far as saying it may even put chrome to shame on speed once its released
    Minefield is the name Mozilla uses for Firefox nightly builds/alphas.
    All versions of firefox during alpha stage or downloaded as a nightly build are called minefield.

So saying you downloaded minefield isn't saying anything.

You either downloaded Firefox 3.6, or 3.6.

And the name is going to be Firefox when it's released.
    Last edited by tesco; 06-28-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #29
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    And the name is going to be Firefox when it's released.
    I don't believe you.....lol. ( I really do. )

Is it just my really fuzzy and flawed memory, or was there supposed to be some future customization options for Chrome??

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #30
    i never said recoding the browser structure would be easy. You just decided to interpret my sentence that way
    Last edited by djlee; 06-28-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast