Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to update my stolen copy of Windows?

rediculed BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    basically you need a student key that isnt blacklisted. it will still make you download that wga crap. but it will be verified as legit (ill run a test in the morning on my spare pc just to make sure it still works). now i havent done this in about 6 months but it did work last time i tried. feel free to pm me if you want the details.

p.s. the key included with the eth0 releases isnt the student key im speaking of. i know that one is blacklisted.
    Last edited by enviouz; 12-08-2008 at 05:46 AM.

invite always be free. no trades. remember sharing is caring.
    bt rep should be abolished.
    life is about choices and consequences. you make your choices but remember only you have yourself to blame when you realize the consequences. personal experience taught me that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ANY key works with my method.
    try it in a VMWare virtual machine if any doubts arise.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    ANY key works with my method.
    try it in a VMWare virtual machine if any doubts arise.
    you used reshack to edit the file right? im assuming thats what you mean. its an old work around. and i agree that one does work. but i prefer using a non-blacklisted key. idk it jus seems to save time so you dont have to keep editing it although the edit takes only a few seconds to do. i still use that trick with office tho as i havent found any other way.

life is about choices and consequences. you make your choices but remember only you have yourself to blame when you realize the consequences. personal experience taught me that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Of course it is, just use a program to make it genuine (I have a few) and it updates like normal.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I ordered the SP3 CD for free from the Microsoft website (don't know if they're still giving those away). It installed just fine without being genuine.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› BT Rep: +1
    If it's Pro Corporate, then you can update everything, even WGA stuff. Since it's corporate, it's meant to be used by a corporation (obviously), and since thousands of people work for corporations, MS doesn't wanna have to deal with all those activations, so they don't require you to activate it. Since there's no activation needed, as long as you have a valid key (which you do, or you wouldn't have been able to install Windows), you can update stuff that requires windows to be validated.
    Last edited by Nickthestick91; 12-08-2008 at 11:42 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickthestick91 View Post
    If it's Pro Corporate, then you can update everything, even WGA stuff. Since it's corporate, it's meant to be used by a corporation (obviously), and since thousands of people work for corporations, MS doesn't wanna have to deal with all those activations, so they don't require you to activate it. Since there's no activation needed, as long as you have a valid key (which you do, or you wouldn't have been able to install Windows), you can update stuff that requires windows to be validated.
    while all that is correct. there is ALOT of the vlk keys that are blacklisted. you can still install just fine but if you try to update with a blacklisted key it wont pass validation. thats what the wga update does is check to make sure the key isnt on the blacklist

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Use a program to change your key that's all it does . Insert a student key , bob's your uncle . Magic JellyBean use to work tho so d/l a Keychanger instead , their all over the net .

Look to forumW :

KeyChanger Windows Edition supports the following version of Microsoft Windows:

Software Version-->Edition

Quote:
    Windows XP--> Home, Professional, Corporate
    Windows Media Center--> All Versions
    Windows 2003 Server-->Standard, Enterprise, Web, Datacenter, Small Business
    Windows 98--> All Versions
    Windows 95--> All Versions
    Windows Vista--> All Versions
    Windows NT 4.0--> Standard, Serve, Enterprise

Works flawless , would you like me to come over powder your tussie and change for you ? I'm kidding as a friend at work has trouble too and could n't do it . Seems to work fine tho . Check your PM .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-09-2008 at 02:12 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Use a program to change your key that's all it does . Insert a student key , bob's your uncle . Magic JellyBean use to work tho so d/l a Keychanger instead , their all over the net .
    jellybean still works but you have to use 1.5.1. version 2.0 and up dont support changing yet 4 some reason,

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by enviouz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    jellybean still works but you have to use 1.5.1. version 2.0 and up dont support changing yet 4 some reason,
    Ya I just tried the keychanger on my pc from my link above and did work but had to get a key generator for the key generator .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-09-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast